PDA

View Full Version : Blind battle

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Is this too Lag? Should i fold the river? Should i slow down sooner? Check/Fold the flop even?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Looks a lot like a slowplayed A or QQ. Also, I wouldn't cap with KQs when out of position, probably not even with position.

Scott

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 04:10 AM
So you would fold the river then...? Would you do anything different before that point?

spydog
11-13-2004, 04:36 AM
I like the PF cap HU. You messed up the converter, as I believe you are the SB and villian is BB.

You must bet this flop. If he doesn't have an Ace, he might give up a medium PP.

Turn. Well....there is less chance that he has an Ace and more chance that he is folding, so bet. And he called again. I put him on a pocket pair. I think an Ace would have gotten friskier by now.

River. I think I bet this river, too. And, I think I make a crying call when I get raised.

So, I would have played it the same way. What did he have?

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 04:46 AM
I would call the pre-flop 3-bet. I'd be checking both the fop and turn, and definitely folding to a turn bet, possibly the flop.

Scott

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Ya, I messed up the converter, I am SB and he is BB.

My line of thinking was pretty much identical to yours. He had A7o for the winner.

vector
11-13-2004, 07:04 AM
Check call the river maybe?

I knew the results when I thought of this though.

Trix
11-13-2004, 09:33 AM
I dont cap this pre here, as I dont like beeing pretty much forced to bet the flop out of pos with it. When I like the flop I will get that bet from CRing him anyway.

Unless he is very loose or very tight(but loose aggro pre), I would check-fold the turn.

I guess I call the river, since itīs HU and I only have to win a little more than 10%.