PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical against high AF on river

KingSix
11-13-2004, 04:00 AM
Played with a certain player twice over the last couple of days.(Party 3/6..shocker) He is a poor player in the 85VP/2PFR range, lots of cold calls, etc.

Issue is, his AF in PT pre-flop, on the flop, and on the turn are all less than 0.40. Despite this fact, his AF on the river is an amazing 3.88. Basically, if it hasn't been bet on the river, he bets it. If it has been bet he raises. This appears to be almost automatic.

My question is...where is the most value in this? On several hands he would raise with as little as 8 or 9 high and he almost always called a re-raise no matter what (several times with things like King high).

Could one profit from raising this guy every time on the river? (Assume either his EP bet, or your EP check going for a C/R)

If not, then at what point might it become a +EV raise? (Any Pair? Top Pair?)

Is it +EV to pay off the bet if you can close the action with something as weak as ace high or an underpair? (No overcall)

Thanks in advance for any replys..

King

bdk3clash
11-20-2004, 09:44 PM
I would value checkraise this guy with any hand I would have value bet anyway, and I'd checkraise Ace-high if he is as much of a raging river maniac as you say. If he's literally calling river checkraises with 8 and 9 high after bluffing when checked to, you should be checkraising with a hella big range of hands on the river until he catches on.

This would also be a fun time to bankshot off him to force out the best hand as long as the rest of the table doesn't recognized what you're doing.