PDA

View Full Version : A painfull shower...(running cold and hot)

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 03:47 AM
This goes along with the posts that are out there now about running cold/hot.

Ever have one of those showers in a hotel or something where the water temperature just would not ever be right. OOOOWWW HOT, OHHHHHHH COLD.

As inspiration I give to you my day
0= loss
1,2,3=respective place.

30 total played... I went from -100% roi to +29% roi down to -18% roi.

For those of you that know me via 2+2, know that I can be a hot head and a sore loser. I habdled this pretty well, but I have a spliting headache now.

I have to figure out where my major problem is. I seem to have dropped to a 20% roi player nowadays. With streaks like this I have to be doing one thing wrong. I have them too often.

Jason Strasser
11-13-2004, 07:52 AM
SS,

This is sooo normal.

Take advil
-jason

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 02:39 PM
/sigh, I guess I am still getting used to the small pictures inside the big one. All in all I have told myself recently that it just doesnt matter. I KNOW I am a winning player, and my results show it.

If I get the gumption I will post some hands that I feel are iffy moves. I havent done that in a long time.

Sponger15SB
11-13-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/sigh, I guess I am still getting used to the small pictures inside the big one. All in all I have told myself recently that it just doesnt matter. I KNOW I am a winning player, and my results show it.

If I get the gumption I will post some hands that I feel are iffy moves. I havent done that in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucker you are like my long lost twin brother.

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sucker you are like my long lost twin brother

[/ QUOTE ]

I typed out about 3-4 varied responses ranging from clones to complimenting you (which in turn meant complimenting myself).

They were all horrible, and this response is no better, but I felt I had to say something. Its too early !

OneStuckFish
11-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Sucker. Take a step back and see how closely you can hold to ABC poker. Yours, like mine, maybe a what I like to call soft tilt. After a few bad runs, I:
1.) Will begin to slowplay hands that I feel Im "entitled" to maximum profit on.
2.) I, who hardly EVER EVER calls at all..will begin to call more often rather than raise or fold.
3.) AKo and AKs begins to play much more like AA or KK.
4.) I forget about position.."He cant have anything, the board is Q-5-2..oops..it was the big blind"
5.) I dont multitable at all, but turning the sound completely off helps me, forces me to concentrate on every hand and note accordingly, rather that just waiting to hear the "beep" to act.
6.) And last but the worst, start to feel entitled to a few lucky draws myself...and this one will get you killed.
Good luck
1stuck