PDA

View Full Version : Nutted pair UTG and hit a set... but

kendal14
11-13-2004, 03:31 AM
I would appreciate any and all comments on all streets. Read on the table is loose and very passive preflop (about 2% preflop raise) which is why I felt okay calling UTG.

Read on MP3 is loose passive. Party Poker 2/4 btw.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Entity
11-13-2004, 03:34 AM
Preflop: fine.
Flop: Check/calling this flop is atrocious. Bet and hope it's raised, so you can 3-bet. Maximize your earnings.
Turn: Bet and 3-bet a raise, call a cap.
River: Bet and call a raise if the pot size is large. Bet/calling vs. bet/folding on the river is dependent on reads and pot size.

Rob

helpmeout
11-13-2004, 03:38 AM
Bet the flop and hope you are raised, then you can 3bet if there are a lot of callers or checkraise the turn.

I wouldnt be giving so many people the chance to see the turn on that fairly scary board.

bisonbison
11-13-2004, 03:40 AM
In general, when you flop the second nuts in an unraised pot, you should bet the second nuts in an unraised pot.

Too tricky by seven eighths.

Gatts
11-13-2004, 03:40 AM
Preflop call is standard. Flop slowplay sucks. Do you realize there's 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the board?

Bet the flop. Get into a raising war if you can. I tend to not wait until the turn to raise, especially a c/r, because it completely kills any action.

Bet the flop and throw in as many raises as possible. People can't raise you if you don't bet.

I find that most of the time when someone waits to raise me on the turn, they lose out on bets because I had bottom 2 or TPTK and was ready to go to freakin' war on the flop.

kendal14
11-13-2004, 03:50 AM
I was thinking that the flop was pretty scary because of all the draws. I wanted to check/call the flop to see if the turn would have helped anyone's draw. I think the consensus is that this is not the right play. This was my biggest question around the hand. I tend to do this when the flop is so draw heavy.

It turns out though, the turn made the str8 for MP3. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

partygirluk
11-13-2004, 04:24 AM
You don't say what MP3 had but a likely holding is JT. Bloody Gutshot chaser! But you gave him the odds to hit his gutshot. By the time the betting got to him he had to call 1 SB with 9 SB in the pot. Given that he has 3 clean outs and 1 semi clean out (9 diamond) and that he figures to pick up some bets if he hits a 9, he has an easy call. Compare this to if he had to call two bets (either you bet and it was raised before him, or you c/r). Then he folds.

You can't passively call down to the river to see if their draws get there. Make them PAY.