PDA

View Full Version : Good read or am I a big sally?

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 02:52 AM
Unfortunately I didnt have much of a read on my opponent but he seemed fairly reasonable.

Given the way He played this hand I felt pretty sure that he had a set or overpair. What do you think?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $5.
CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP (poster) folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Also, I think i should have reraised PF here and usually I would have, not sure why i didnt in this case.

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 03:01 AM
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, K /images/graemlins/spade.gif is the only holding I'd add to that list. Certainly looks like you're in trouble.

Scott

DrGutshot
11-13-2004, 03:05 AM
I take it bison's converter messed up, and that you're actually SB?

Is coldcalling out of the smallblind with ATs a profitable play? I was under the impression that this was very bad...

Am I way off?

-DrG

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 03:09 AM
He's the BB.

Scott

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Oops, sorry the converter was messed up, I was the SB.

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Odd, I'm always the BB when it does that to me.

Scott

vector
11-13-2004, 04:48 AM
I would 3 bet from the SB to try and knock out the BB.

Once its heads up against a decent player raising from the button I'm not folding TPTK, although I agree it doesn't look good.

You have 5 outs to JJ, QQ, KK which is 8.2:1, pot is offering 7.5:1. 8.5:2 given the river call is auto, but there's a reasonable chance you are still ahead.

Call down.

jomatty
11-13-2004, 06:35 AM
As much as i generally dont like to call down i think i might in this situation. Although the 5-10 plays much more passively than the higher party games i still dont make a lot of big laydowns. I might overdo this a little but in a situation like the button raising and the bb calling there is enough stealing/restealing going on that im not crazy about folding a reasonably strong hand. Id be interested in hearing if people think im offbase here
matty