PDA

View Full Version : Another one

04-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Still asume typical, fairly tricky opponents.

I raise UTG with pocket 99 and next to me (NTM) and BB call.

Flop is Q66 twotwone

I bet and only NTM calls.

Turn is the 3 making the flush possible (I dont have a flushcard) and I check-call.

River is another 3 and I check-call again.

Comments?

Regards

04-02-2002, 08:51 PM
When NTM called you on the flop, he was in a poor position (between a player who bet and one who hadn't acted yet), so I'd think he'd have to have something. A flush draw could call there, and QQ (not likely, should raise) or 666 (more likely) of course. It's hard to think of what else would be calling there. One would think someone with a good enough hand to stay in, but not 666 or flush, would raise, not call. Hard to see you ahead here.

04-08-2002, 04:35 PM
I can see this opponent holding an ace with a small card. I would have bet the turn. That small card could be a 6 but the only way to really know is to bet. More importantly if he is hoping four the board to give four of the same suit to get his flush (because he is not suited) you are not giving him a free card on the turn.

I would have bet the turn and if he only calls I would check the river. If on the turn he raises me, I would fold.

Enrique

04-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Your suggesting NTM has an Ace of hearts and a small card (not a heart) and is hoping to catch two running hearts?

If NTM didn't have anyone after him, I would agree that he could have almost anything, and you would want to continue the hand, but since he was in the middle, calling with just and Ace/small card would be a terrible play as in the best case scenario he might have 3 outs and worst case could be drawing dead (guy ahead of or behind him could have Ace/better kicker, or a set).

He doesn't know what the guy behind him will do (he might raise), so he has to have something to call in that situation, more than if he raises. The question is, what hands would he call rather than raise with, and what of those hands cann 99 beat after the 3rd flush card falls on the turn?

04-15-2002, 01:02 AM
Properly played. In a nutshell, your hand is better than average for the situation and your opponent could well have a better hand that he'll raise fore value on the turn or a worse hand that he'll bluff or semibluff with on the turn, or a worse hand that he'll simply overplay on the turn. You therefore don't have much of an overlay, but showing weakness might induce your opponent to lead with the worse hand. Either check-call the turn and river or check-fold to his raise on the turn. I like the former because your hand is so much better than what your opponent probably thinks it is after you check the turn. You don't welcome that river bet, but a 7-1 with you on a possible flush draw it's a no-brainer call. On the turn, you're looking at no worse than 3-1 if you check call the last two rounds, so I think folding to his mere bet on either round is out of the question.