PDA

View Full Version : 2 situations, what do you do?

ed8383
11-13-2004, 02:36 AM
1st situation: I raise with a pair of jacks and 3 people call. The flop is QQK im first to act and I check, someone bets (not much) I call, turn is rags and I call again, river is a J giving me a full house. I check, someone bets, gets called, i raise the minimum.

Should I have raised more with jacks full of queens? I was afraid of KQ.

2nd situation. flop comes clubs, clubs, clubs, I have one club but it is a 3 of clubs. Im first to act with 3 behind me.

Do I bet my 4 to a flush with my weak 3 of clubs on the flop? do i check? What happens if I make the flush on turn, river. Should I check raise the turn (if i make the flush there), should I only raise at the river? what is the strategy in situations when you have a weak flush card and there are more than 2 people in the pot and you're afraid they could have a higher flush?

ricdaman
11-13-2004, 03:34 AM
(1) Absolutely raise more. I put the other 2 most likely on a K, or one of them on 3 of a kind Qs. If the guy in last position had KQ, he woulda raised MP's bet. You obviously have him beat. The only one to worry about is MP. Since MP bet "not much" on flop. I put MP on a K. At worst case scenerio, three of a kind Qs. I say you have both beat, and you raise it big. Don't fall into a trap of assuming someone has flopped a big hand. Just like you don't want to assume someone has a flush when 3 hearts flop. Play it cautiously, yes, but don't be afraid. You end up giving up too much money.

(2) You have one club, and it is a 3 of clubs. That means your other card is not a club. You played 3xo??? Unless your hand is 33 or you are in the BB, you need to re-think your starting requirements. That said, fold your hand. No matter what your other card is, you have a weak kicker. If a flush card comes, you will probably lose to a higher flush. Get rid of it. You never should have been in with it in the first place.

jt1
11-13-2004, 10:02 AM
I would have either bet the pot size or half of it on the flop in hand one. If i'm still in by river then i'm all in when i see that jack

hand 2 - check fold

kongo_totte
11-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Hand:1
I would bet out half the pot, if I get called or raised, I problably toss it on any street if I don't hit a jack. Check/fold on flop is also allright IMO. When you hit the jack, push. There are alot of hands you beat that will call you (straight/ trips). It doesn't say what size the river bet was. If it was small you can almost rule out KQ. Anyway, I push every time.

Hand 2: check/fold

beta1607
11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
First Hand, raise the maximum amount you think will get called. If you were really afraid of KQ then you should not have been calling the whole way. If you were short stacked I would probably push here thinking that trip Queens will call you.

Hand 2: fold, and its not even a close decision.