PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer here... help appreciated~

5biscuits
11-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Hi, newcomer here and a relatively new holdem player as well. I've been playing small stakes holdem (primarily 2/4 and occasionally 4/8) at the local B&M pokerrooms for the last 4 months or so. There are two hands that I came across today which can use some insights from you experienced 2+2'ers. Please beware that the hands aren't remembered exactly but should be close enough for analysis.

Hand 1: Hero in MP with TT
Folded to hero who raised, LP called, BB called.

Flop (3 players) <font color="red"> Q 9 4 </font> (rainbow)
BB checked, Hero checked, LP bet, both BB and Hero called.

Turn (3 players) Q 9 4 <font color="red"> T </font> (no flush draw possibilities)
BB checked, Hero checked (looking for c/r), LP checked.

River (3 players) Q 9 4 T <font color="red"> K </font> (again, flush is out of the equation)
BB checked, Hero??

Hand 2: Hero is UTG with KK
Hero raised, MP+1 called, MP+2 called, SB called.

Flop (4 players) <font color="red"> Q Q Q </font>
SB bet, Hero raised, MP+1 called, MP+2 called, SB called.

Turn (4 players) Q Q Q <font color="red"> A </font>
SB bet, Hero???

Thanks for the help.

5biscuits

Reef
11-13-2004, 01:25 AM
hand 1: Bet the flop! Then bet the turn. Against one opponent I would probably bet the river for value. Against two, I check/call.

hand 2: You're either drawing dead, or just got beat on the turn. That's a check/fold with 3 opponents

Chairman Wood
11-13-2004, 02:39 AM
Welcome!
Hand 1: Bet the flop, Bet the turn, Bet the river, call a raise in case some guy got smart on you. If there are two other people left in the hand and it gets raised twice you could fold.
Hand 2: This sucks. This is probably the wrong answer. In 2/4 live games with I've played in I am tempted to call, and just call, no raises. Any reads?

Chairman Wood
11-13-2004, 02:40 AM
I like this answer better.

Bob T.
11-13-2004, 03:04 AM
On the TT hand, bet the flop. A lot of good things could happen, one of which is the pot is pushed your way without any further ado.

On the KK hand, I have too much hand to fold, but I don't think raising is a good idea either, I just call it down from the turn on.