PDA

View Full Version : question about JJ

rci97
11-13-2004, 12:35 AM
This might be a stupid question, but... Play was down to 6 handed, blinds 25 - 50. I was one of two shortest stacks, with t650. UTG (big stack ~ t2000) calls, UTG + 1 calls, action to me). BB was other large stack with ~ t1650).

I had JJ. My thinking was that there was already t175 in pot. If I make a normal raise of say 250, I'm almost pot committed but there are so many overcards to my jacks that can flop. I push all - in. No callers. Would any of you played this differently? Did I minimize the value of this hand by "only" winning what was already in the pot? My thinking here was that I was playing survival and wouldn't mind a call by two overcards or of course would love a call by Ax from one of the larger stacks (this was at $5 PP so you never know what kind of hand you can get a call from). Thanks for your input.

oscar057
11-13-2004, 12:51 AM
I think you were right to push in this situation.

Benholio
11-13-2004, 12:56 AM
That is exactly how I play that hand every time, and for the exact reasons that you describe.

Winning just the money already in the pot isn't that bad here, either. As a matter of fact, you make more chips when everyone folds than if one of the limpers calls you with 2 overcards (and much less variance ;P).

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 02:06 AM
pushing was the best play IMO.