PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, Dominant Trips Beat By Quads On Turn

grandgnu
11-13-2004, 12:13 AM
I hold 7/7 and check my blind (50/100 blinds) in my home game.

Flop is 5d/6c/7c and I think for a bit and bet 500 chips and the chip leader moves all-in on me. I took some time to think about it. I figured I had the best hand, but he was chip leader and might have stuck around with any variety of hands and might be trying to go for a flush draw or already have flopped the straight.

It'll cost me my 3200 chips to call him and we're still a ways out from the money (10 players and need to get to final 3).

I eventually call and he's holding 6/6 and I'm psyched that I've pretty much got this hand locked up. Then he giggles with delight as the turn brings the case 6 and my 7 is nowhere in sight on the river.

I know I made the right play, just got unlucky. But it still really sucks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyone know the odds on this? Figured it was 95% to 5% or so?

EnderW27
11-13-2004, 01:30 AM
You'll lose 4.34% of the time and tie 4.85% of the time.

Reef
11-13-2004, 09:21 PM
its called a bad beat. nice play- you got unlucky, but deal with it.

pudley4
11-13-2004, 09:33 PM
You would have won if you would have first said "Ooooooooooh, nice frop. I got rucky. Let's GAMBOOOOOOOOOOOL" before you bet.

(Or maybe you did, and God was punishing you for being a dumbass)

grandgnu
11-13-2004, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would have won if you would have first said "Ooooooooooh, nice frop. I got rucky. Let's GAMBOOOOOOOOOOOL" before you bet.

(Or maybe you did, and God was punishing you for being a dumbass)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm........my opponent was kinda Samoan, maybe I was being punished. Ah well, I'll get him the next 90 out of 100 times we play that hand. :P