PDA

View Full Version : heads up at pp

03-26-2002, 01:56 AM
I just started playing heads up at pp and was wondering what my expected hourly rate can be. I consider myself a very good player who specializes in short handed play.

I was wondering what you guys thought of the competition their and if it can be a profitable game. I am starting at 3-6 and 5-10 trying to get a feel for the players at pp.

I also just dropped about 300 in about an 2 hours to a guy named plano and was wondering if anybody has played him your thoughts on the type of player he is.

Any players I should watch out for and any information as to the heads up play would be greatly appreciated.

03-26-2002, 11:09 AM
If you say you're good and lost to plano either he got very lucky, you are not that good or he got much better in the last two months. Watch him play with others and you'll figure out how he plays. Good luck!

03-26-2002, 11:19 AM
"I just started playing heads up at pp and was wondering what my expected hourly rate can be. I consider myself a very good player who specializes in short handed play."

Your expected hourly rate depends on how good you are. Everyone and their mother considers themselves and expert on heads-up play, but considering the questions you are asking, I would say that you are not an expert. Mabye you are some sort of prodigy, but most people are not. Therefore, you can expect to lose for a while.

"I was wondering what you guys thought of the competition their and if it can be a profitable game. I am starting at 3-6 and 5-10 trying to get a feel for the players at pp."

It can be profitable, however, my guess would be that the number of players who win more than enough to offset the huge variance is small.

"I also just dropped about 300 in about an 2 hours to a guy named plano and was wondering if anybody has played him your thoughts on the type of player he is."

It is not good form to ask about specific players. I might trade my database for another large one, but why should I hurt plano by publicly posting about his skill? Besides, if you think losing 300 bucks means anything, you need to study more. You should be able to tell if you are outplaying someone 1-1. If you can't you aren't going to win.

I am not saying you suck or you have no chance, I am just warning you that 20 people come in a week and decide they are going to be Fedex and they can because they are sooo smart. There are about 5 really good regulars at the lower limits and another 10 people who play occasionally and are surely winners. That is it. Maybe 1 new player a month will be a winner. If you have been playing a lot, I will tell you that there is only 1 good newer HU player at 3-6/5-10 and he is not great, so hopefully I haven't seen you.

-Glenn

03-27-2002, 02:39 AM
Hello, this is my first post at this site and i was surprised to see myself mentioned. I am "plano" at pp and am both flatterd and offended. I don't know anon or if i have played him and i suppose he is a poker god since he beleives I am a terrible player.

But anyway to answer some of your questions crazy str8, i am a consistent winner at heads up at pp. I average about 3 bb an hour at pp heads up.

Their are a number of good players their who i won't mention (to protect the innocent) but plenty of suckers to make it profitable. If you are a good player im sorry i took that 300 from you but i really dont remember who you might have been, but thank you.

I'm flattered you mentioned me and i hope i see you again at pp and take another "300 off you in about an hour."

Also, i dont appreciate you trying to find out information on me and how I play outside of the card ring. You pay to see the cards! ]

plano

03-27-2002, 05:45 AM
Hello Plano,

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you but crazy str8 said he is an expert. I said you're not that good (compared to an expert); hey neither am I! And yes I do believe you're a winner. Good luck to you both!

03-27-2002, 06:04 AM
To the best of my knowledge, plano's figure seems right. He is not the best player on PP, but he is better than most.