PDA

View Full Version : Runnin Cold?

Sponger15SB
11-12-2004, 11:18 PM
I need some positive reinforcement and several posts about short term luck, etc.

Because it can't be this hard.....can it?

Note: I play 6-8 at a time, so keep that in mind.

$11's
221 SNGs
27.1% ROI

$22's
174 SNGs
-.9% ROI

Think you can get screwed this bad for this long? I dare you!

Benholio
11-13-2004, 12:38 AM
I'm with you Sponger.

$22's
~1000 SNGs
29.8% ROI

$33's
344 SNGs
3% ROI

This run I'm having in the $33's is killing me. 35% ITM? Nasty. I am beginning to think that I really suck badly and it isn't just a bad run anymore.

I keep on playing 60-80 of them a day though, and hope that I start to either see a) better numbers or b) something to justify the bad ones.

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Benholio, you play 30s now? I was at one of your tables.

Anyways, to keep on topic. I wouldnt worry yet. Take a breather, maybe hit the 11s for a while.

stupidsucker
11-13-2004, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I keep on playing 60-80 of them a day

[/ QUOTE ]

You play 60-80 a day? I strugle to play 30-40 4tabling. I cant imagine doing 80 8tabling. 8tabling will reduce your roi at the 30s, you may be better off quading instead. Just a thought,,,,, try it, then maybe bump back up to 8 ata time.

Benholio
11-13-2004, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Benholio, you play 30s now? I was at one of your tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, after I hit 1000 in the $20's with my roi still close to 30%, I figured I'd make an attempt to move up. I've only been playing them for a couple weeks. You might have seen me there more than you know, I am Saden as well as Benholio.

[ QUOTE ]
You play 60-80 a day? I strugle to play 30-40 4tabling. I cant imagine doing 80 8tabling. 8tabling will reduce your roi at the 30s, you may be better off quading instead. Just a thought,,,,, try it, then maybe bump back up to 8 ata time.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-tabling is my norm, I have never tried to 8-table. Right now I am playing a higher number of hours than normal because I am making a run at Empire's tourney master thing.

I have tried dropping to 4 a couple times, but I find myself just getting bored between actions. I don't think my play is significantly different when 4- or 6- tabling, but I may very well be full of leaks altogether, and they just weren't showing up at the $20's.

Sponger15SB
11-13-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
though, and hope that I start to either see a) better numbers or b) something to justify the bad ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.... all of those SNGs have been played since 11/2/04

Sponger15SB
11-13-2004, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I have tried dropping to 4 a couple times, but I find myself just getting bored between actions. I don't think my play is significantly different when 4- or 6- tabling, but I may very well be full of leaks altogether, and they just weren't showing up at the $20's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were to play 1 table at a time, I wouldn't be paying attention, I'd be watching tv or talking to my friends or posting on here.

I don't really know how big a drop my ROI would take if I played less tables, but either I wouldn't want to because it wouldn't be worth it moneywise to me or it wouldn't really matter.

Bremen
11-13-2004, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I were to play 1 table at a time, I wouldn't be paying attention, I'd be watching tv or talking to my friends or posting on here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do the same thing, but when I'm in a hand I'm able to devote my full attention to it, rather than coming back when the action is on me again. IE I'm able to make better decisions when I am in a hand. My bubble play is also better I believe as I'm paying full attention at that point whether I'm in or not.