PDA

View Full Version : Comments, please

mojorisin24
11-12-2004, 11:17 PM
So I'm playing in a small no-limit tournament the other night and we're in the advanced stages. We're down to the final eight and things are heating up. The player to my immediate right has just been knocked out by the player to my immediate left, who had pocket 10's. The very next hand, I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif. I raise the blind from T40 to T100 (any more and I probably would not have gotten action; things were tight at the time) and then have said player on my left come over the top and double my bet to T200. Everyone else folds to me. Now, this player has a history of bluffing and/or raising with bizarre hands, and I feel as though he must be feeling emboldened by his new chip lead and wants to bully me around by putting me on decision. Besides, what are the chances he has a monster right after the pocket 10's? I have T275 left, so I call the bet and come back over the top all-in with my last T175. He quickly calls and turns over pocket aces and it's good night, Irene for me. So, did I make the right play?

Sephus
11-12-2004, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides, what are the chances he has a monster right after the pocket 10's?

[/ QUOTE ]

the same as right after he has 27o.

Biff M.
11-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Many people raise with lots of hands, but they only re-raise with premium hands. I guess I would have done the same, considering the small stack you had. With only 7 BB left I don't think you have much choice, unless there are other issues like another short stack and folding will win you more money /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But I guess you play to win.