PDA

View Full Version : AJ - river straight - bet and..... cold call 3?

btspider
11-12-2004, 10:14 PM
I have no notes on these villians. None has stood out yet in my first orbit. I wasn't too impressed with their play thus far though.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

1 limper and I would raise.. 2 limpers is close. I have just been completing here. Anyone advise raising?

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero ????

BB auto-raised me. the others didn't use the auto-action buttons. MP2 checks the turn closing the action, then cold-caps the river. scary! call or fold?

smartalecc5
11-12-2004, 10:20 PM
call

Fat Nicky
11-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Too much river action to assume you're still ahead. If not the full house, the flush beats you.

private joker
11-12-2004, 10:26 PM
I agree with Nicky. Fold this. You'll show down third best hand after the boat and the flush.

Shillx
11-12-2004, 10:28 PM
I would call preflop, considering that one of the limpers is UTG. Two mid/late limpers and I raise.

You are getting 19:3 on the call if no one dips out. Even with these odds I fold with 3 people out against me. Looks like BB has QQ.

The Shill

btspider
11-12-2004, 10:33 PM
thanks for the PF comments. i thought the river was a pretty easy fold, but it was a situation that i haven't run into yet.

BB has Js As (straight, ace high).
UTG has Kd Qc (two pair, kings and queens).
MP2 has Ts Tc (four of a kind, tens).

in the next orbit, MP2 let the flop/turn/river get checked through with 4 opponents when he had AJ on a JTxxT board.