PDA

View Full Version : Underpair v. two maniacs

RunDownHouse
11-12-2004, 10:03 PM
SB and BB in this hand are both loonies. SB I've only played with about 30 hands, but he's raising trash like K4o out of position. BB I sought out because I've played with him before, and he's a complete maniac, bluffing constantly using the "Raise Any" button (on a side note, how great is that? Honestly, what a perfect opponent).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.61 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

BB could have anything, so I may or may not have the best hand. Raise to take control. Good, no?

Uh oh. SB's cold call really threw me. He's been pretty nutty preflop, but his postflop play isn't completely crazy. He'll hang around with one over or a draw, but him calling two cold is pretty scary for me.

Turn: (9.30 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

I seriously considered raising here, but decided just to call and see what the SB did. Of course, he calls. Too weak?

River: (12.30 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

I thought forever before I called this. In fact, my mouse hovered over the fold button until I realised the pot was so big. I've seen BB make so many shitty bluffs that it was entirely possible I had him beat. But both him and SB? Plus the main pot v. the all-in player? I make a crying call.

Final Pot: 15.30 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.30 BB, between BB, CO, Hero and SB.</font>

How would any of you deal with this situation? A stop 'n go from a maniac, a SB trailing along for the ride... Was it a clear fold on the river? Should I have popped the turn to really put the screws to SB?