PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 , 3/6 (6-max) on party

WackityWhiz
11-12-2004, 09:53 PM
is anybody else really frustrated about them not having this?!?! C'mon now, you are the largest poker site out there and you make people jump from 1/2 to 5/10 for 6max tables. Party is just too busy during the evening to have any chance at playing short handed. You sit down at a 3/6 table and you are the only player there, someone sits down and you play a few hands, then you look up and the entire table is full.

If you feel this way, I suggest that you email party and see if we can get some cooperation

Ponks
11-12-2004, 09:57 PM
I'm against this, I think it's one of the reasons the 5/10 6 max is such a good game. Lot of 1/2 players coming up and taking some shots.

Ponks

Michael Davis
11-12-2004, 10:02 PM
I agree completely. I am so glad they don't have these, and when they do finally add them, my earn is going to take a hit.

-Michael

WackityWhiz
11-12-2004, 10:02 PM
i honestly do not think it will ruin 5/10... I think there will always be chasers at any level. Right now my roll is only big enough to play 3/6, and it is almost impossible for me to get a short handed game that lasts over 5 hands. I just want to play poker.

BRING ON THE 6 MAX!

Michael Davis
11-12-2004, 10:03 PM
Play on Paradise.

-Michael

WackityWhiz
11-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Another reason I disagree with this. 10/20 6 max is full of chasers. I feel that any 6max game will have people who practically want to give their money away.

my BB/100 is over 6 at both 2/4 and 3/6, so i'm not upset about winning obviously. I just would like to have a game last over 5 hands

TazQ
11-12-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my vpip is 37... step it up kids

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're the best poker player to ever live.

sin808
11-13-2004, 12:24 AM
how are the SS SH games at Paradise, anyone play these? I don't really want to jump to 5/10 when I'm done with 1/2. I plan on playing both full ring and SH at both 2/4 and 3/6 but I don't want to hunt for tables constantly when playing SH.

wahooriver
11-13-2004, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how are the SS SH games at Paradise, anyone play these? I don't really want to jump to 5/10 when I'm done with 1/2. I plan on playing both full ring and SH at both 2/4 and 3/6 but I don't want to hunt for tables constantly when playing SH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise Poker has excellent and interesting 1/2 and 3/6 5 handed games (no 2/4 5 max)

You can clearly tell the difference playing the smaller table (yes even 5 and 6 are a bit different).

The Paradise tables do not appear quite as "fishy" as the Empire/Party tables - but they are very beatable in my opinion.

spydog
11-13-2004, 05:17 AM
I emailed them about 6 months ago. Their response was something like 'Sorry, we don't offer them at this time'. No [censored], Sherlock. What idiots. Anyway, I opened a Poker Stars account. They have plenty of 2/4 and 3/6 games.

naphand
11-13-2004, 06:24 AM
They are available on Cryptologic, and the standard of player on the $2/$4 and £1/£2 games is no different to Party $1/$2. In fact the £1/£2 games (just below $2/$4 in terms of $$) plays typically 6-handed and 70-80% seeing the flop.

I accidentally played on a £2/£4 table and found the game mostly populated by idiots. Crypto has to be a rival to Party in terms of clueless morons, there are less games in total of course but there are always games. The one disadvantage is the software is slow and the players are slow (and get longer to make a decision). It is useful training ground for 3-tabling after playing 2 tables, as you get the same number of hands as 2 tabling and can concentrate on managing more reads, cute. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

For example, I played 3 tables for 3 hours yesterday and managed a grand total of 560 hands. About 62 hands/hour per table, yuk.

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 06:26 AM
I might try a little poker tour like yours when I finish with Party's 1/2. Could you do a trip-report once you finish hitting up all the different sites? Thanx

Scott

naphand
11-13-2004, 07:03 AM
If you think people would be interested.

I did make a post along these lines a month or so back, and one or two have made remarks about the software/games at other sites. Most people are aware of PokerStars/UB/Paradise, the problem is I play UK daytime, which makes the games quite different to your typical EST evening/night session.

Touring does have advantages, in that you need to adapt, but the biggest questions I ask myself are "what the hell are the software developers thinking?" and "where do they get these support guys from?". I actually had to explain, in a series of e-mails to support at Absolute, how it was possible to obtain hand histories from a database, and why it was their software only allowed the last 200. Conversations went:

Me: "Your hand history function is not working, I need you to send me hand hsitories from..."
Support: "Use the function on the software"
Me: "It's not working"
Support: "We have fixed it, try again"
Me: "I played more than 200 games yesterday"
Support: "You need to retrieve the hands individually then"
Me: "I don't have a list of hand numbers, can you send me one? I only have the last 200 hands from yesterday."
Support: "I'm glad you got your hand histories"
Me: "No I only have SOME. I need the hands played before these (details given)."
Support: Sends me two hand histories, based on the hand numbers in my previous e-mail.
Me: "I need the hands played in the 2 hours before these, same tables etc."
Support: "I'm not sure we can do that..."
Me: "Yes you can, do a search for my username on the tables and times given and send me a list of hand numbers"
Support: "I have forwarded your request to our technical department".

This site has the motto "To continue to be the best and most trusted".

And WHY do UltimateBet still use that ridiculous one click per hand system? Gad it sucks. Though they do send you an e-mail if you bother to put one together.

I suppose we should consider ourselves to be pioneers. What worries me is how little development a company like Party has put into their software design and customer support. Any one like the idea of a downloadable Party "skin" that justs replaces the default images/sounds etc.? I am thinking of developing one...at least it would look nicer.

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Touring does have advantages, in that you need to adapt,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. If I do decide to try it out, that's the reason why. I don't actually "want" to play anywhere other than Pokerstars, Paradise and Party & co., though.

Scott

PS IMO Pokerstars has the best software and Paradise the best support. How do you feel about each?

naphand
11-13-2004, 07:29 AM
PokerStars is clearly the best software. I have good impressions of their support too. Paradise I am not so keen on, the table layout does not have enough contrast.

Party of course, has its infamous "rakeback" thang, which a brilliant marketing and guarantees people stay and promote it. Until recently no other decent site offered it, PokerRoom do it seems, and they are certainly one of the major players now. The short-handed tables are 5-max, which is more aggressive, and tighter post-flop, but also very quick. I like the software options, and it has been put together well. I am less keen on some of the dumb characters at the table (graphics, not players) but overall it is easy on the eye. The chat is crappy (probably just as well) but the ability to mark players and read notes without having to sit on a table is excellent. Also the java-version does allow playing on remote locations without having to download and install the software, good thinking. PT can download the hands in-running as well (not the java version), so this makes it my current favourite after Stars. 5-max is not for everyone though. I saw some bizarre tables at $5/$10 and above, things like 7-max and 4-max. Perhaps this was in response to customer requests.

1. Stars
2. PokerRoom
3. Paradise
4. Party

Party only gets on because of the recent auto-history development (which is a massive plus). Of course, ultimately, the rakeback wins and I will be very surprised (I still am) if it does not become SOP for all sites.

Mr. Graff
11-13-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my BB/100 is over 6 at both 2/4 and 3/6

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is over a considerable amount of hands you should be able to beat the 5/10 easily I would think.

WackityWhiz
11-13-2004, 01:00 PM
I haven't had much experience with 5/10. I've only played it for 10 days and my daily totals are as follows

199.5 , (561) , 102 , 136 , (41) , 123 , (466) , 48 , 130 , 80

around 2000 hands

So, as you can see, the hits of 561 and 466 are pretty costly. I do not have the bankroll to play 5/10 at the moment.

Sure, my bb/100 is 8 at 2/4 and it's 7.2 at 3/6... but I spend most of my time searching for tables. I'm sick of it. I just want to play short handed poker, and with them only offering 6 max at 1/2 and then 5/10, it leaves the middle limits next to impossible to find a good game. I don't really want to switch sites, cuz that would be a pain in the ass.

I guess I'll just have to suffer through the last 700 I need to make on party to have enough for 5/10.

imported_stealthcow
11-13-2004, 01:51 PM
for how many hands haev you been averaging this? would you be willing to post some pokertracker stats to back up this 6+ bb/100?

i'm curious about your vpip/pfr/agg factors

Mr. Graff
11-13-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't had much experience with 5/10. I've only played it for 10 days and my daily totals are as follows

199.5 , (561) , 102 , 136 , (41) , 123 , (466) , 48 , 130 , 80

around 2000 hands

So, as you can see, the hits of 561 and 466 are pretty costly. I do not have the bankroll to play 5/10 at the moment.

Sure, my bb/100 is 8 at 2/4 and it's 7.2 at 3/6... but I spend most of my time searching for tables. I'm sick of it. I just want to play short handed poker, and with them only offering 6 max at 1/2 and then 5/10, it leaves the middle limits next to impossible to find a good game. I don't really want to switch sites, cuz that would be a pain in the ass.

I guess I'll just have to suffer through the last 700 I need to make on party to have enough for 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a win rate like that it shouldn't take too long to build your bank roll to the place it needs to be.

I'm also in a "wanna move up" situation from 1/2 6 max which I'm beating by 4/100 after 16K hands but even though the 5/10 at Party seems pretty soft (only just got my feet wet though) I'm not sure I'm good enough yet and my bank roll is only 200 BB. I would hate to lose 100 BB and then go back to 1/2 to build it up again... But those last 1K needed to make it 300 BB just takes so long at this limit... So I'm looking for some good 2/4 6 max games. I tried Poker Stars 2/4 6 max today and boy is that tight - every other hand folded to the big blind, no fun at all... Also unlike Party Poker Stars won't let you see your opponents cards once they have mucked (only by e-mail).

Any other trustworthy sites with soft 2/4 6 max games?

wahooriver
11-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Ultimate 2/4 seems quite profitable - although I do not have many hands there. Reasonably loose.

But I really prefer Paradise 3/6 if you can swing it. But then I really like the 5 max play.

Mr. Graff
11-14-2004, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ultimate 2/4 seems quite profitable - although I do not have many hands there. Reasonably loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, just tried 2/4 6 max at UB. Though it cannot compare with Party 1/2 in terms of looseness it is a lot better than Stars when I played there last night. I'm wondering if Stars is always is like this or it is simply due to people clearing bonuses.