PDA

View Full Version : "Secrets to Beating Party Poker SNG..." - anybody heard of this book?

DrewOnTilt
11-12-2004, 08:46 PM
found this book while looking for poker stuff on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73488&item=6129085 847&rd=1

Has anybody read this book or heard of Stas Sheynkop? The claims are pretty bold. Just curious as to if anyone has read this.

adanthar
11-12-2004, 08:52 PM
It's an ebook, not a real book, despite the snazzy photoshopped cover.

I'm giving 9:1 odds on 'copy of Aleomagus' SNG guide'.

AleoMagus
11-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Yeah, that picture is pretty interesting. It looks like a big hardcover book, but I think when this thing first showed up on ebay it said it was only 17 pages long.

I actually doubt it's my 'guide', but the way he says it is a 'cookbook' with no actual reasoning, only a do this, do that approach makes me think it would be similar.

As it is 17 pages (way longer than my guide) and as he does mention that it discusses bubble play, I wouldn't doubt that it is decent as a beginners guide. Considering the amount of little SNG stategy summaries on the net though, the price may not be right if it is only 17 pages.

Still... I might buy this out of curiosity alone.

If it is book you guys are after, I wouldn't worry. I've siad it before. I predict we will have more than 1 SNG book before 2006.

Regards
Brad S

willie24
11-13-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I predict we will have more than 1 SNG book before 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is terrible news. the level of play in SNGs right now is for the most part horrendous. i certainly hope that the average player stays at least somewhat ignorant.

Klak
11-13-2004, 12:27 AM
maybe you could write it!
i know id prolly buy it just for the lack of other SNG books out there.

oscar057
11-13-2004, 01:20 AM
I actually think that books will bring more fish to the game.