PDA

View Full Version : The movie scarface and stupid rap artists.

Sponger15SB
11-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Does anyone find it funny that rap artists worship this guy?

I mean scarface isn't exactly a happy movie nor does it glamorize the life of a drug lord yet I constantly see idiot rappers on MTV cribs flashing their scarface memorabilia and scarface DVDs like he is their idol and I can't help but laugh at the irony.

astroglide
11-12-2004, 07:39 PM
it doesn't bug or surprise me. it's a coming up movie, and lots of rappers came up. it's obvious that he doesn't know what to do once he makes it, and it's evident that a lot of rappers don't either (still thugs, still involved in violence, etc).

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I agree, the similarities are endless between them.'

Plus the movie kicks ass too.

Sponger15SB
11-12-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Plus the movie kicks ass too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, however I don't share the same admiration for scarface as some people do.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 08:07 PM
well, I think what astro said is pretty true, plus if the rappers really like the movie, I can see the obsession. I think some of them though think its sort of cool to like Scarface though, some even try to act like him too which is even dumber. Whatever though, I think its pretty corny when I see rock artists acting like elvis too. Its their image man, half of them(musicians) forget who they were when they become famous. Thus is the life of a celebrity, all originality is sucked away and replaced by trends.

Blarg
11-12-2004, 08:32 PM
I remember reading someone saying this movie marked a complete change in Al Pacino's acting style, and not for the better, and I have to agree. He really went over the top in this one and has stayed there ever since. I think it's the movie where he jumped the shark.

craig r
11-12-2004, 08:41 PM
I like hip hop a lot, but I find it strange that a lot of things are glamorized in it. "Pimping." Hmmm..when I think of a pimp, i think of the only profession more disgusting than a drug dealer (i am not talking about marijuana dealers). I mean if there ever was a business that made money off of exploiting people, pimping would be it.

craig

BullChip
11-13-2004, 05:24 PM
I think a lot of rappers you see on TV enjoy the movie because it's about a guy who comes from nothing and gains everything. Yes, he does die, but the film is beyond that.

I guess some rappers can relate to that story.

B00T
11-14-2004, 10:55 PM
I dont know if this is where you got the idea from but its relevant. MTV maybe about 6 months ago had a special about Scarface. It was some music documentary with all these rappers commentating on how that movie has impacted them over their lives.

ThaSaltCracka
11-14-2004, 11:12 PM
the special edition of Scarface had the same doc included with it.