PDA

View Full Version : Attacking and defending the blinds

Firetrap
11-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Hi

Anyone know of where i might find good guidelines on this subject? To be honest i rarely do either without cards - sometimes i'll playback with a hand i might call with in the blinds, maybe a QJs something like that(depending on who im playing and how deep etc). My attacks on blinds are rare as well without decent cards.

There have been times when i know the button is taking the piss but still unless i have something i don't really care!! Just dont see it as yeilding much cash, and am more likely to get myself into trouble.

Any recommendations or comments?

BobboFitos
11-12-2004, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi

Anyone know of where i might find good guidelines on this subject? To be honest i rarely do either without cards - sometimes i'll playback with a hand i might call with in the blinds, maybe a QJs something like that(depending on who im playing and how deep etc). My attacks on blinds are rare as well without decent cards.

There have been times when i know the button is taking the piss but still unless i have something i don't really care!! Just dont see it as yeilding much cash, and am more likely to get myself into trouble.

Any recommendations or comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 10-handed game dont steal the blinds. Risk/reward in NL is not good here.

6-handed and lower you will need to steal the blinds, or atleast play more hands in a more aggressive fashion preflop. Can't really give you guidelines on that, sorry.