PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get away from this?

aceragclubs
11-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Blinds .25/.5 NL on Poker Room. 5 limpers to me, I call with 33 on the button. Flop is 3-5-9, with two hearts. Checked to MP, who bets $1 into the $3.50 pot. Folded to me, I raise to $3. SB calls (I figured him for a heart draw), and MP re-raises to 6. This led me to believe he had a big hand. We both called. Turn was an A, non-heart. SB checks, MP bets 8, I just call and so does SB. River is an offsuit 10. SB pushes for $17, SB calls. I figure I'm beat but can't lay it down and call as well. Turns out I win the bronze medal as MP had 99 for set over set, and SB had 2-4 for the turned wheel. I have to admit I didn't see a straight possibility as I was worried about hearts. Does anyone lay this down at any point, probably only on the river, or does it just fall into the "That's poker" category? Thanks

aceragclubs

amoeba
11-12-2004, 07:21 PM
I might have laid it down on the flop, either that or pushed it in right there.

I don't think calling the flop rereraise was the way to go. you gain no info, and you make it hard for you to fold later.

If I felt him to be a solid player, I would have definitely folded bottom set. I don't think anybody legitimate would limp in preflop with 59 or 35, or 39 for two pair. Even if they have two pair, I'm not sure they reraise a bet and a raiser on the flop. Thus his reraise only can indicate a higher set.

I know its typically not smart to fear set over set but when all the evidence points to it, I lay it down.

BobboFitos
11-12-2004, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds .25/.5 NL on Poker Room. 5 limpers to me, I call with 33 on the button. Flop is 3-5-9, with two hearts. Checked to MP, who bets $1 into the $3.50 pot. Folded to me, I raise to $3. SB calls (I figured him for a heart draw), and MP re-raises to 6. This led me to believe he had a big hand. We both called. Turn was an A, non-heart. SB checks, MP bets 8, I just call and so does SB. River is an offsuit 10. SB pushes for $17, SB calls. I figure I'm beat but can't lay it down and call as well. Turns out I win the bronze medal as MP had 99 for set over set, and SB had 2-4 for the turned wheel. I have to admit I didn't see a straight possibility as I was worried about hearts. Does anyone lay this down at any point, probably only on the river, or does it just fall into the "That's poker" category? Thanks

aceragclubs

[/ QUOTE ]

THATS POKER!

DONTUSETHIS
11-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I think laying down a set on this board is very weak tight at this limit and is a long term money loser.