PDA

View Full Version : QTs SB - faces a raise on the flop and runs away

Fiddler
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
CO is pretty tight for these tables but on the passive side pre-flop, VP$IP around 27% and PFR 5.5%.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls.

I was going for a check-raise... is this hand good enough to stay in with and how should I have played it?

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

ChessMan
11-12-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm very new to short handed. I just started reading in this section to try and learn how I should adjust from my regular 10 handed game.

The choice is fold or raise IMO. I think even if you suspect CO has you beat, a read is rarely so accurate that you should fold top pair decent kicker.

So I guess that means you should reraise and hope the rest of the field folds and you get it heads up.

If you are heads up with the original raiser, I'd suggest calling him down if he continues his aggression. If he only calls your 3-bet on the flop, bet out on the turn. If he caps the flop, check/call the turn.

Let's see what the others say.

WackityWhiz
11-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Sounds like a perfect play chess

Fiddler
11-13-2004, 06:27 AM
I think that sounds like a plan and I did consider it but chickened out. He could have raised to pump a flush draw and might not beat TP. He showed down QTs.