PDA

View Full Version : AJo in MP - I get check-raised twice.

bisonbison
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
This table is beginning to suck. SB is sfer (who just played a hand against me terribly and who is thus chastened and humble) and my right-hand opponent is another 2+2er, though I'm not sure who.

The BB in this hand is a little loose but I don't have any other red flags on him.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls...

Calling on the hope he has two pair or hoping for a split with the straight... hrm. Anyone fold here? If you call, what's your river plan?

butters
11-12-2004, 05:08 PM
My river plan would be to check/call and make some notes on the button.

MoreWineII
11-12-2004, 05:14 PM
I sense a nightmare developing where you river a jack and get 3-bet by A2.

My plan would be to check/call no matter what came off. I'm awfully tempted to fold to that turn raise though.

joseki
11-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Assuming your opponent isn't a complete moron, you're screwed. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling he's holding a pair of hearts--the A and 2/4/Q/K.

I'd fold, but I suspect I often play a bit weak or even paranoid.

ElSapo
11-12-2004, 05:30 PM
I fold to the turn raise. I can't remember ever winning a hand in which I was check-raised twice.

On the other hand, I've lost hands when I check-raised twice (and two hands when I check-raised three times -- easy to do with the worst hand, it turns out).

I'd fold it.

Real question is, if he checks the river to you, would you bite?

Fold it, unless you have reason to think he's bluffing. I smell set.

gamblore99
11-12-2004, 05:34 PM
without a read folding looks really good. though id probably call to show myself that im right and super smart. and maybe a bit of a read too.

sfer
11-12-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB is sfer (who just played a hand against me terribly and who is thus chastened and humble)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither. Just dumb. Being dominated is kewl.

EDIT: Is the Villain a 2+2er? I don't like folding against an unknown but I can't imagine you're good here. My propensity to call is directly proportional to me ability to be someone's bitch that particular night.