PDA

View Full Version : nicely played, or nice way to miss out

Alobar
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Should I have bet the turn and hoped he had an ace and raised? Or will more often than not, this be the more profitable way?

etizzle
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
i like it. Even with an ace, i dont think hes 3 betting. At least this way he continues to bluff if he totally missed. The only way you lose money is if he wouldve called a turn raise and river bet with KK QQ JJ TT, but ends up checking the river after you call the turn.

Quindle
11-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Why not chk/raise the turn? Make a diamond draw pay, and any A plays on for two pair which might raise the river improved and would probably call the river unimproved if big enough. If a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits the river it's bet and call.