PDA

View Full Version : Several mistakes?

02-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Five-handed 30/60 game (at another currency, at about $.14).

I am in BB, all three players outside the blinds limp, SB (only a third, 10, of the big blind) folds.

I pick up Ah8h. Very marginally, but as a variation play, I raise. UTG is a weak, semi-loose player (although you would be hard-pressed to play too loose five-handed), MP is also a weak but very cautious player while button is more experienced, but tend to play over-aggressive and is at least on semi-tilt by now.

Question 1: Would you raise this hand in the same spot?

Button limp-reraise, I call as do all the others.

6.3BBs in the pot before the flop.

Flop: K-8-2, with two diamonds. I check, UTG checks, MP bets (which on this board means either a decent King or a flush draw), button raises.

My move? This is usually a clear fold, but I feel the pot is a little too big, and I think my outs are clean (except, maybe, the Ace of diamond). I cold-call. I usually bet out I am ready to get commited for one BB on the flop, but the button is in raising mood, and I really want that fourth card at a reasonable price. MP calls.

Question 2: Who bets this flop, given the pre-flop action?

Question 3: Who calls two bets cold, having checked first, who calls two bets cold having bet first (three-bet)?

9.33BBs in the pot.

Turn: 8s.

I check (I usually don't, but I think MP is on a draw or a King and I want to isolate the aggressive button), MP checks. Button bets, I check-raise. MP cold-calls, button releases his hand.

Question 4: Do you consider this to be a nice opportunity for a check-raise?

I yell 'No diamonds please', dealer burns and rivers 5d, I make a CRYING check-call. MP shows me Ad9d.

Question 5: What do you think of MP's turn play?

lars