zephyr
11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Sorry I don't have the hand history for this one,

Three left,

Hero (BB) - 3500
SB - 3500
Villain - 1000

BB = 300

Hero is dealt J9o, Villain Pushes, SB folds, Hero ??

DVC Calif
11-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Call.

Calling $700 at a chance to win $1450 is over 2:1 on your money. Short stack could be on a wide range of hands from small PPs that would make it a coin flip, to any Ax. Essentially a horse race.

The extra $700 won't hurt you that much and you might gain position in the money.

JMHO, Steve

Irieguy
11-12-2004, 03:59 PM
You're getting 1450:700 on the call, and you don't rate to be a 2:1 dog... so it's a mathematical call.

But, you may be better off folding and then pushing from the SB if the chip leader limps or folds his button, and if not, then pushing from the button with any two.

The difficult part of ITM play is balancing the chip value of a call vs. the value of future action when you can be first in. So, it depends on your opponents. If your opponents are playing correctly, you should call. If they are too tight short-handed, then I would fold and push later.

Irieguy

willie24
11-12-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The difficult part of ITM play is balancing the chip value of a call vs. the value of future action when you can be first in. So, it depends on your opponents. If your opponents are playing correctly, you should call. If they are too tight short-handed, then I would fold and push later.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good explanation