PDA

View Full Version : I think I really should have folded here......

mntbikr15
11-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (28 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 28 BB

I think I should have folded to the turn raise. CO I wasnt all that afraid of, he was on tilt, or just flat out awful. There wasnt much doubt in my mind that Button had the 7, only I just didnt wanna believe it.

Anyway, what did I do wrong/didnt I do that I should have.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Evan

MoreWineII
11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I'd play it the same. I'm hard pressed to think of a hand button has that he cold-called two more bets preflop with that beats you.

Sounds like you lost this hand, but I think you're good often enough here that you can call.

P.S. wtf happened on the river?

mntbikr15
11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Yea, I found it hard to think that Button played something that contained a 7 that way, but my gut told me he did.

I checked the river in fear of a lot of things, primarly the 7, but also perhaps CO actually having AA, or someone WAY overplaying JJ.

Button flipped over 79c for the win. Only reason I can think of him checking the river is that same fear of JJ. Or maybe just a mislcick. CO and UTG-1 didnt show.

Bodhi
11-12-2004, 04:00 PM
That sucks! /images/graemlins/frown.gif An overpair with a mid-range coordinated board is about the worst you can flop. Notice that the button did not cold call preflop raises, he just called individual raises, and 7/images/graemlins/club.gif,9/images/graemlins/club.gif benefits from such a large pot and the multiway action. Suck it up and continue on; I don't think you can fold such a large pot anyway.