PDA

View Full Version : Why I Lose My Bankroll Every Week

USCSigma1097
11-12-2004, 12:56 PM
This may be a situation that has been covered in these forums before, but after another lackluster performance on the tables this week, I am trying to fix some of the holes in my swiss cheese game.

I believe that one of the places where I bleed the most chips are on flops where I have raised PF and then totally miss the flop. An example would be as follows:

I am in LP and dealt AK of hearts. MP+1 Calls, CO calls, I raise on the button, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop comes 4s 6c 10d. It is checked to me where I bet, all call. Turn is an 8c. It is checked to me again...

This seems to happen all the time at my tables, as thanks to this forum, I have worked on finding loose passive tables. How do you guys play these hands. I believe Schneids said the other week that he believes that most people bleed most of their chips away by not playing one pair and no pair hands optimally.

Do your strategies change if there are two callers pre/post flop?

How about one caller pre/post flop?

Thanks very much for your help, after reading Peter's post about his first 100 k and getting crushed in basketball this morning, I am feeling pretty inadequate.

Sigma

kiddo
11-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Against 3-4 player u should bet flop if u think it will make them check turn, giving you a free card (if u think your pair will be enough). Then check turn and normally fold river if 1 of the 3-4 guys bet, unless he is tricky.

Also, against 3-4 loosepassive players there is nothing wrong with checking overcards on flop.

Against 2 players its more tricky. If there is zero chance they will fold (calling stations) you sould check this 2.

One of the reasons to bet overcards on flop and turn is that you want them to fold, if this wont happen, well, stop betting so much. Being aggressive against calling stations with nothing is hopeless.

There is a good discussion about playing overcards in the new Low Limit book from 2+2. (Is it called "Winning Low Limit Holdem"?... Miller/Sklansky/Malmuth) For exampel: You should not bet turn if flop is without a draw because then they will normally have a pair. With a lot of draws on flop, overcards can still be good even if they call.

kiddo
11-12-2004, 01:36 PM
Also, Bob Ciaffone is discussing overcards in both "Improve your Poker" and "Middle Limit Holdem", read that 2.

Fiddler
11-12-2004, 01:52 PM
The "Winning..." book is by Lee Jones. The 2+2 book is called "Small Stakes Hold'em" or SSH around these forums.