PDA

View Full Version : heads up stud at paradise

02-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Has anyone played heads up stud at paradise? If so is it a profitable game? Which players should i avoid? Thanx for all help

02-05-2002, 07:25 PM
hu stud is a curious kind of game in that you will find the vast majority (I would say 90%+) of pots are won without a showdown. I once went a whole session - half an hour or so - without going past 5th st, or paying a cent in rake. I think I won about $15.

The thing is, you will see the same faces sitting at hu stud tables day in, day out. They are VERY particular about who they play. Beat them twice, they will not give you the chance a third time. Avoid Mr Sharx and Chung Ho - they are probably the best two, and both beat me on several occasions. Tedow is a pretty unpleasant character and not an especially good player (though he has improved of late). Unlike the first two, however, you can push him around. Raise on 3rd with all kinds of rubbish against his bring in, then quickly lose interest in the hand if he takes a card off. Topsy is a pretty good player, as is another Antipodean whose name I cannot immediately recall. At the higher limits there is a player with a weird name - SOE or similar, from Pattaya, who is a fairly accomplished opponent, and kingeuro from Marseille seems to play every kind of heads up poker spread by Paradise - he's very good. A slightly softer proposition is bigstu. Limits higher than $4/$8 very rarely get down though.

02-06-2002, 06:33 PM
wow thanks for the input, that was a great response. I have played around in the heads up room before and have had very little success as well. I will continue to try to improve my game because i do see a lot of profit to be made in the room. I also have experienced a lot of success against tedow, he loses patience and was really chasing at the end of the game. He starts off tight but is easily thrown on tilt. I have not had an opportunity to play chung ho or Mr. sharx yet and would like to hear more about them. I am open to any suggestions people may have on how to succed in the heads up room at paradise poker. I have a lot to learn!

02-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Hi Can.

I have been playing alot of 2/4 heads-up stud at PP, and have found Mr. sharx to be the best without a doubt. I whould not recommend playing with him. I whould avoid playing against the regulars at 2/4 stud.

Daniel

ungar junior

02-07-2002, 03:48 PM
nm