PDA

View Full Version : Unsure

Scotch78
11-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Villain is loose, not particularly aggressive or passive.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (11.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Scott

Nemesis
11-12-2004, 10:57 AM
What do you do if you're 3 bet on the river? I like raising the flop a little better and seeing what happens there when it's a little cheaper.

Scotch78
11-12-2004, 11:27 AM
What hands could he have that beat me on the river? AK would make sense, but I'm holding three of those blessed rulers. 99 would beat me, but he's not particularly aggressive, and 3-betting pre-flop with 99 is pretty aggressive. No, I'm ahead on the river, and him raising will just make me an extra bet . . . that's not to say I shouldn't have raised the flop though. I debated raising both the flop and turn, and that's what I'm mainly posting for.

Scott

Guy McSucker
11-12-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I like raising the flop a little better and seeing what happens there when it's a little cheaper

[/ QUOTE ]

Trouble is, you can't do anything useful with the information.

The pot is 12.5SB when the flop is dealt. If hero raises the flop and gets 3-bet, assuming the guy in the middle folds, it's 19.5SB when it gets back to him. He has to call, even though he suspects he's behind.

Then on the turn he's getting 10-1. Again he must at least call.

Finally the river. 12-1 if the opponent bets. Folding top pair good kicker here is probably a mistake even though it looks really bad for our hero.

What's more, raising the flop will slow down a lot of hands we'd like to keep firing here, like smaller pocket pairs or ever-hopeful Ax-type hands.

I like Scott's line because it keeps these losers in there against us. And, if you take Scott's line, I think a river raise is clear when you trip up.

Guy.

PokerNoob
11-12-2004, 01:30 PM
I like Scotts line too. You don't want him to stop betting or fold if he's behind. You've got top pair and need to show it down. If he's got AA or K better kicker, thats the way it goes. I like the river raise as its now less likely he's got K better kicker and he might pay off with AA, fearing a bluff.