PDA

View Full Version : ATo laydown on a JJT board

Fnord
11-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Haven't seen much from UTG yet, but only been at the table for just over 1 orbit.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Fnord raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Fnord folds...

Pre-flop: Too loose?
Flop: I raised to protect my hand, is it too weak to laydown here? I drawing nearly dead to any J.

sthief09
11-12-2004, 10:33 AM
preflop that's a really loose raise, especially with no chance of stealing the blinds or getting it headsup. I wouldn't raise this hand unless I was at most 2 or maybe 3 off the button. the fact that you're raising a limper is even worse. I went through a phase like that. it's bad.

Fnord
11-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, thought I was being too LAggy with ATo.

Post-flop comments anyone?

sthief09
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
well there's 5.75 BB in the pot. it costs 2.5 BB to call down to win 8.25. I think you win the necessary 30% or whatever that is. he could easily have a big T. the fact that most players don't fastplay trips makes this a calldown for me

ecooke
11-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Fold ATo PF from EP.
That said, I love to c/r the Flop in this spot. You will rarely get 3-bet by anything less than a J.
My biggest gripe with the Flop fold is psychological. If your opponents perceive that you will fold after raising to a third bet they will begin to play better against you. Specifically, they will be more apt to raise with weak holdings knowing you will consider folding - I've seen this happen at stakes as small as .5/1

doughhater
11-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Attempting to check raise this flop would be retarded, and I'll go ahead and let you figure out why. I don't like the flop fold here at all. There are too many times that UTG is just getting aggressive with a draw or weaker made hand here. Your flop raise had the desired effect of folding the BB. Great. I typically call the flop three bet and then raise the turn with the intention of folding for a turn three bet.

Noodles
11-12-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That said, I love to c/r the Flop in this spot. You will rarely get 3-bet by anything less than a J.

[/ QUOTE ]
how can he CR the flop, the BB bet into him.
even if BB didnt bet,why would you CR,how do you know that anyone will bet?
This doesnt make sense to me /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ecooke
11-12-2004, 12:42 PM
You are correct - I misread this post. There is no opportunity to c/r and raising the Flop looks good.
With that said, I beleive folding to the Flop three bet is fine.