PDA

View Full Version : Little Hand

01-28-2002, 06:47 PM
Three-handed game. Hero is in the small blind with Qd5d against two tough-aggressive opponents. Button folds, hero raises, and BB calls. Flop is Kd-7c-5c. Hero bets, BB calls. Any arguments with hero's play so far? Turn card is Th. Now what? If hero checks, BB will bet any draw, any pair, and possibly no pair. If hero bets, BB may semi-bluff raise.

Hero decides to bet again and BB raises. Hero folds and now wants to know whether he did the right thing.

01-28-2002, 08:25 PM
Probably the right play.

I would add that given your description of the bb, the sb should often bet the flop with top pair/middle pair and then checkraise the turn. If he does that enough times, the bb will be less inclined to take advantage of his position which will then allow the sb to check with the Q5 on the K75T board and be a little more confident that he ain't gonna be robbed blind by the bb.

As usual, and particularly in sh play, it's a case of balancing your strategy or put another way, varying your play.

01-29-2002, 07:40 AM

01-31-2002, 08:55 AM
I think I'm checking the turn here, the 10 is a bad card for your hand and a bet probably isn't going to get a better hand then your's to fold, however you could get raised here by a draw. It depends how the BB plays though if you aren't much afraid by a bluff raise then I'd bet, however I think against most TA opponents check calling is better.