PDA

View Full Version : Playing pockets aggro to possible steal-raise

Rocco
11-12-2004, 06:12 AM
That damn Bush administration neglects foreign trade so bad the dollar is dropping faster than ever. It's not fair to me... Last time I was in the U.S. (summer 2001), the dollar reached its peak and everything was expensive. Now that I'm playing my best poker and want to cash out, it's going down, down, down... I don't like Bush /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Now, there I had to release som aggression. I also released som in this hand. Not enough hands played against Button, but his stats points to a crystal clear FISH. I expect steal-raises to happen almost every time it comes folded to button. Would you have played it any different? What's your reactions to the flop raise from a fishy player?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

Nick C
11-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I think you played the hand fine, but I'm curious what others have to say about the frequency of steal-raises at Party 2/4. At most 2/4 tables I've played at, the opportunity to steal-raise doesn't present itself very frequently. But when preflop does get folded around to late position, I do see a fair share of open-limps. I think a lot of 2/4 players, particularly loose-passive ones, are not inclined to steal-raise.

I 3-bet TT preflop in the hand you posted also. But I don't assume the Button is stealing.