PDA

View Full Version : JJ in LP. Turn Action.

nepenthe
11-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Party 3/6. Recently joined and unfortunately, no particular reads.

3 limpers to me and I raise with red Jacks. Button cold-calls. SB folds, BB calls, limpers call. 6 to the flop.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet, Button folds, everyone else calls. 5 to the turn.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

What is your plan if:

-It is checked to you?
-It is bet in front of you and there is 1 or more overcall/raise?
-Player directly to your right bets out?

Shillx
11-12-2004, 06:13 AM
Bet when checked to. Fold to 2 bets cold. I will like my hand less and less the earlier in line the better is. If BB bets out I would like my hand less then if I was directly bet into. Raise a bet to your right, take a free showdown if needed.

How did I do,
Brad

nepenthe
11-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Hello,

I think one potential problem with raising the turn when the bettor is on my right is that I will have a very difficult time folding to a 3-bet from anybody. In addition, I have a hard time believing that anyone with the 8 will just call the turn if raised and allow a free showdown barring a rivered four-flush of which he has no piece.

There may be a case for checking the turn when checked to, but the problem is that I have JJ, not KK/AA.

cjromero
11-12-2004, 09:09 AM
I would bet if checked to. You don't want to give a free card in that spot as any Q, K, A or diamond could easily turn your Jacks into a loser.

If there is a bet and a raise in front of me, I would fold. You are almost certainly drawing to 2-4 outs: the other two jacks if an 8 or 99 is out there, or the other jacks and eights if someone has a made flush on the turn.

If bet into, I would call the turn and at least see the river card. Some guys in EP like to bluff when a flush card comes on the turn.