PDA

View Full Version : party 2/4 shorthanded 67s

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 05:48 AM
since daddy is taking away our favorite toy i thought id try and get used to it now so bear with me please.

Just sat down so no reads. Just kidding.

BB's VPIP/PFR numbers are 44.8/13.79 and has been aggressive preflop, but slows down after the flop.

Button's VPIP/PFR numbers are 65.5/13.79 and has limped/cold-called many hands preflop, but is super aggressive after the flop and will bluff at scary flops (i.e. QQ2) and scary turn and river cards.

Party Poker 2/4 (3 Handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls $2, Hero completes $1, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets $2, BB calls $2, Button calls $2.

Nice flop for me, betting it for value - Button almost always goes to the river unless there is heavy action between myself and the BB. BB also usually peels one off and sticks around for the turn with almost any type of pair or draw.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets $4, BB calls $4, Button calls $4.

Now I have a pair as well, but I bet this because I know that one or the other will bet at nothing if I let them take the lead.

Is this bet reasonable given my opponents?

Now the fun begins...

River: (6BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets $4, BB raises $8, Button reraises $12, Hero rereraises and caps $12, BB calls $8, Button calls $4.

Final pot (18BB).

I thought for the 20 seconds that party gave me to think before capping this river card. Was I right to do so given the nature of my opponents?

Jeez I miss that converter already.

Evan
11-12-2004, 05:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
keep trying

Evan
11-12-2004, 05:51 AM
Also, who are you quoting? Yourself?

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 05:51 AM
fixed, thanks.

Evan
11-12-2004, 05:52 AM
For my final, and first real response...I wouldn't cap the river. I have to think someone's got a bigger flush. It could be lone jacks I guess, but it looks like a bigger flush.

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 05:54 AM
the button and B were both aggressive enough to pump a big flush draw as well as raise preflop with two suited broadway cards. such little action on the flop...

Shillx
11-12-2004, 06:00 AM
I don't know ish about short handed play, but I think checking the turn will give you more information about their hands then betting will. BB could be bluff-raising the river, so I guess I flat call the 3-bet so the button can't cap a better flush. If BB will cap anyway, I really guess it doesn't matter.

Brad

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 06:16 AM
bump

well that makes two for not capping, is there a third?

private joker
11-12-2004, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bump

well that makes two for not capping, is there a third?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'd cap the living hell out of this. It would be different if you raised and the same bettor reraised you. But each opponent only put in one raise -- the first because he hit 2 pair or some crap, the second because he hit the nut straight, and 3-handed no one believes you've been betting the flush draw this whole time. Cap!

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But each opponent only put in one raise --

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good point that i failed to realize. now i feel more comfortable with my cap.

Evan
11-12-2004, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a good point that i failed to realize. now i feel more comfortable with my cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does having 2 people instantly wake up in a multiway pot when an obvious scare card hits and you hold a marginal made hand make you feel better about capping?

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 06:53 AM
because they would play straights/bluffs/trash the same way and as i thought before there wasnt any sign of them holding two big spades. if any, i was looking at something like the 2 and 3 of spades.

Evan
11-12-2004, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
straights

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe
[ QUOTE ]
bluffs

[/ QUOTE ]
I just don't believe that these are bluffs unless you tell me their cards
[ QUOTE ]
trash

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't that the same as a bluff?

[ QUOTE ]
there wasnt any sign of them holding two big spades

[/ QUOTE ]
You have a 7 high flush, one medium spade and the 2s beats you. There is no way you acn have a read accurate enough to determine that this is not likely. Anyone playing 32s, as you suggested might be possible, would play just about any suited combo, right? Why can't it be 9xs or Jxs? If someone had just raised and it was called then I'd say a 3 bet is okay, when its raised and 3 bet I think your cap sucks.

Ajax410
11-12-2004, 07:02 AM
I'm a little skeptical of the cap myself. I am still a newb in SH situations, but it seems to me that a raise and a re-raise on the river is indicative of a hand that has a pretty solid chance of beating you. Perhaps I'm giving too much credit for a SH game, but I think just calling is a worthwhile option.

Alex

SCfuji
11-12-2004, 07:09 AM
behold...

Hero shows [ 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] a flush, queen high.
BB doesn't show [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, K /images/graemlins/club.gif ] a straight, nine to king.
Button doesn't show [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ] a straight, eight to queen.

Ev, i know this doesnt make my cap 100% correct.