PDA

View Full Version : Party's limit SNGs

edge
11-12-2004, 03:55 AM
Is there any way to play these well? I entered one because I was sick of busting out of NL SNGs, and I found it to be a total crapshoot. The bets increase so quickly that, as far as I could tell, it's nearly impossible to outplay someone after the first two levels.

Anyone here play limit SNGs on purpose?

mushi
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
I do I only played 10 or so SNG limit tournaments and have bben trying to read about this but nothing. So far I am even money but still I havent played enough, should I move to NL?

rjb03
11-12-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, as opposed to accidentally entering them searching for a NL game? As far as NL SNGs being crapshoots, I don't believe that, but try pokerstars if you're playing at party to see if you like this structure better.

theghost
11-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Here's a thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1184200 &PHPSESSID=&fpart=1#Post1184200)

alittle
11-12-2004, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, as opposed to accidentally entering them searching for a NL game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played in exactly two of them due to this error. After the initial bout of swearing wore off, I managed to win both of them, but hated it the whole way. I think that the extra aggression due to my self-caused anger may have helped.

In the first one, I just wanted to get out fast, and seemed to be in a lot of early capped family pots with good cards. Played tight after accumulating chips, and then went agressive again after the field thinned. Dumb luck or brilliant strategy? More of the first I imagine.

ddubois
11-12-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, as opposed to accidentally entering them searching for a NL game? As far as NL SNGs being crapshoots, I don't believe that

[/ QUOTE ]
He didn't say the NL SNGs were crapshoots, he said the limit ones were. After accidentally joining a couple of these myself, I am inclined to agree - they seemed really dumb. With Party's ridiculous blinds, you don't have time to wait for good hands -- and when you do get a good hand, you can't protect it.