PDA

View Full Version : Getting Destroyed at 10-20 5 Handed

01-27-2002, 01:46 AM
Hi folks,

You all will be happy to hear that I got destroyed last night at 10-20 holdem short-handed, losing my full $200 buy-in. Here's a hand...

I'm dealt QJ suited on the big blind. Not bad. Fold, fold, button raises, big suprise, sb folds, I three-bet, button caps. Flop comes 10-J-Q rainbow. I bet, he raises. How would you play the rest of the hand? Button seems to be solid 10-20 shorter, aggressive but not ridiculous.

Mr. 50, what are your thoughts?

Steve

01-27-2002, 02:05 AM

01-27-2002, 10:31 PM
I take it you are addressing me. I think I'm the only one here that has a 50 in their handle.

No I'm not particualary glad you got tortured. Unless of course, I did the torturing, then I guess I'd be glad.

We're not talking BR requirements but I can't help but commenting on you mentioning you lost your whole $200 buy in.

That's only 10 big bets. I don't feel comfortable sitting in a full ring game with any less than 25 BB. Double that for a short handed (6 players or less), especially if you know it's going to be a fast game.

Now for the hand.

BTF...your 3-bet is ok but I would prefer to just call most of the time. You're probably behind at this point. When he 4-bet I'd beware of a big pair.

OTF...I like your lead, not allowing him a free card with an under pair or a big ace. If he's got AK or a set, you are behind with outs (except against QQ). If he has AA or KK, you're still in the lead. You should be in the lead in most cases here. However, the fact you mentioned that he was a solid SH player, you may not be though. When he raises you (which he would with AA or KK), I would 3-bet giving him the opportunity to lay down an underpair or a big ace. And if he is a solid player, he may do just that. If he calls or re-raises, I would consider folding but would probably call, then check call from that point on. Unless of course you fill up, then, hopefully he doesn't have QQ.

If you care to, post the rest of the hand.

KC50