PDA

View Full Version : Flopped flush HU hand- vs. loose player

SlyAK
11-12-2004, 03:09 AM
1/2 200 max NL.... I haven't been at the table long and have $197.50... I am in EMP and open-limp with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif LMP (Loose player who varies between LAG and calling station) who has barely has me covered, raises to 6, everyone else folds, and I call. $15 in pot. His raise means small to medium PP or 2 cards 10 or higher. He will raise more with premium pairs or AK.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I lead out for $10, LAG calls. Pot $35.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lead out for $25, LAG calls. (Not quite sure what he has now, he is pretty loose, but I expect he has a high spade at least). Pot: $85.

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I think about it and check. LAG bets $50... I check-raise all-in. He calls, with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I double through.

Don't know if there is a lot here, but I think that this shows that straightforward play can be the best way to get money into the pot. From playing with this player before I knew that he personally wouldnt play a flopped flush aggressively in a HU situation. I knew that he would bluff the 4th flush card if I checked to him, therefore the river check-raise.

Thoughts?

Sly

Burno
11-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Me likey all streets. What were you questioning?