PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Halo clan is up and running, we are the Brown Trout Clan

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 03:04 AM
anyone who wants in, post in here your X Box live ID, Vulture, I expect to see you soon!

MercTec
11-12-2004, 11:17 AM
Did the invite finally go out last night? I haven't signed on since we finished up. That was pretty sweet last night though.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did the invite finally go out last night? I haven't signed on since we finished up. That was pretty sweet last night though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, if you didnt get it i probably mis-spelled your name, let me know.

MercTec
11-12-2004, 11:39 AM
What time did you send them? I didnt get one as of last night at 11ish.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What time did you send them? I didnt get one as of last night at 11ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think shortly after that.

TylerD
11-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Q: Is it worth me getting an X-Box for this game alone, or shall I just play GTA: SA on my PS2 and wait for the PS3?

MercTec
11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
K...i will check when i get home tonight...should be around 8ish. Any chance we get some gaming in tonight?

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Q: Is it worth me getting an X-Box for this game alone, or shall I just play GTA: SA on my PS2 and wait for the PS3?

[/ QUOTE ]

did you play the first one?

MercTec
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
New Xbox = ~$130
Halo 2 = $50
Xbox Live subscription = $50 for 1 year (2 months free w/ Halo 2)

Total = $230 for around 15 hours of single player and countless hours of multiplayer. Considering you can spend $20 bucks to see a movie for 2 hours of entertainment, I think an Xbox for only Halo 2 is +EV.

MrGo
11-12-2004, 11:58 AM
You're going to wait another 2 years for the PS3?

Have fun with PS2 then. XBox destroys it and it's not even close. There's other great games for Xbox too you know, not just Halo.

TylerD
11-12-2004, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
XBox destroys it and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful. And no i didn't play the first one.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
XBox destroys it and it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful. And no i didn't play the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had both, I sold my ps2 because it just sucked so bad compared to xbox. I know this is just me, but still.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:08 PM
yeah its worth it. I sold mg GC and then bought a xbox, essentially just for this game. Do it, then you can hop in the clan.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It was fun man. The invite got sent to you last night, it should be there when you log on today /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eMarkM
11-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Ok, I bought Xbox on the Halo2 hype having never played the first one. I bought a bunch of other games, too, but I'm really enjoying the Halo2 campaign right now. I'll be newbie toast for you folks to feast on when I sign up for Live, probably when I'm back from some biz travel in a couple of weeks. I'll be joining the clan.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
dude, its pretty hard, but if you get use to the game on the campaign, you should pick it up pretty well.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I bought Xbox on the Halo2 hype having never played the first one. I bought a bunch of other games, too, but I'm really enjoying the Halo2 campaign right now. I'll be newbie toast for you folks to feast on when I sign up for Live, probably when I'm back from some biz travel in a couple of weeks. I'll be joining the clan.

[/ QUOTE ]

try to get familiar with all the multiplayer maps before joining the clan.

eMarkM
11-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I know, I have a lot of studying to do. I don't want to be dead weight to the team.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:16 PM
yeah, gettinh use to the maps is big man, plus learning how to shoot the stupid SP5 gun well is also a key. I hate this gun so much.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know, I have a lot of studying to do. I don't want to be dead weight to the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

knowing where the guns are is key.

MercTec
11-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Yeah....just look what happened when we played that same map back to back with the bomb assault game and layed the smack down on the other team.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:20 PM
for real, we seriously killed them the second game. Yeah, knowing were the flags and bombs are on each level is also key, although I still want to play some TEAM SLAYER!!!!!!

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:21 PM
salt, did you go to bungie.net and look at the stats from the games we played?

MercTec
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Looks like i missed some action last night....did you send me a friend invite also? Whats ur gamertag?

eMarkM
11-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Is there a web page for the clan? I thought clans got their own page on bungie. Still trying to feel my way through how all this works.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like i missed some action last night....did you send me a friend invite also? Whats ur gamertag?

[/ QUOTE ]

MarkLeonard

did not send friend invite.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a web page for the clan? I thought clans got their own page on bungie. Still trying to feel my way through how all this works.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorta, im not quite sure but i think we have a page that just shows some stats and results and stuff, nothing editable.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
salt, did you go to bungie.net and look at the stats from the games we played?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, apparently, you have rankings for all the types of games you can play. I am a level 4 in one type, a 5 in another, and a 2 in one more. Its pretty cool, especially since I am in the clan "Brown Trout". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I know you def got the clan invite.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorta, im not quite sure but i think we have a page that just shows some stats and results and stuff, nothing editable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah there is, but there are no stats on there. I think the only time actual clan stats show up is when we play as a clan, and challenge other clans.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah there is, but there are no stats on there. I think the only time actual clan stats show up is when we play as a clan, and challenge other clans.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i think we need at least 4 people to do that.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah, you have to have atleast 4 people. I think you can do it with 4-8 people, right?

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, you have to have atleast 4 people. I think you can do it with 4-8 people, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well ive never done it, but i know there are two different options. one for small clan wars and one for big clan wars. youd have to look into and see exactly how many people are needed.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 12:52 PM
cool, yeah we should try to get one going tonight. I know Merc met someone else online and we all three were playing, he seemed pretty good and wanted to join the clan.

MercTec
11-12-2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe there should be a rule that you can't be in unless you read TOP and SSH. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As far as a clan page is concerend....you can create a page on their site with a forum and the whole nine. I'll see what i can find out about that today and let you guys know.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe there should be a rule that you can't be in unless you read TOP and SSH.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I have just read HEP...... I want SSH though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As far as a clan page is concerend....you can create a page on their site with a forum and the whole nine. I'll see what i can find out about that today and let you guys know.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think it needs to be created, I think its already on there. The Bungie site is confusing though, damn.

MercTec
11-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Cheak it....just created by me

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/12508/Group/GroupHome.aspx

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 01:46 PM
cool, I was looking around on the bungie site just being like WTF?

nice work dog.

Haha, dude, you have to approve membership to the site now, haha.

MercTec
11-12-2004, 02:01 PM
You have been approved /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah its pretty good. I put up a link to our stats under the links page and threw a message in the forum.

Bookmark it and add. If you have any rights problem slet me know. I have to screw around with that some more.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 02:04 PM
cool man, hopefully the other clan members will join.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cool man, hopefully the other clan members will join.

[/ QUOTE ]

why does it say that fdtech founded it? and why am i not even in it. what the [censored]?

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
fdtech must be Merc. You have to click "join group" then for some reason he has to approve you. Its sort of annoying IMO, but atleats he has to deal with it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fdtech must be Merc. You have to click "join group" then for some reason he has to approve you. Its sort of annoying IMO, but atleats he has to deal with it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wheres it say join group at?

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 03:47 PM
look in the top left, right under the Bungie logo, it should say Brown Trout, and under that it should say join this group.

MercTec
11-12-2004, 04:31 PM
I just founded the group on Bungie...not the clan. Its sort of an unofficial clan page. The only thing official you get as a clan in the stats page.

MarkL444
11-12-2004, 04:47 PM
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=medals&gameid=2411267&player= MarkLeonard

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 05:29 PM
good thing you are in our clan.

ThaSaltCracka
11-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Merc, I think you may have to be the one that does it, but you can link our clan to that group. I tried to but it wouldn't let me.

bugstud
11-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Is there a talent minimum

ThaSaltCracka
11-13-2004, 06:04 PM
I don't really thik so, unless you never improve, then you may gt the boot. Give me your live name, and I'll send you an invite.

Bubbagump
11-17-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Cheak it....just created by me

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/12508/Group/GroupHome.aspx

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is the Brown Trout Clan going to get off the ground?

I'm buying HALO2 this afternoon and was hoping to get in on this but I see that there are still only 2 clan members. What happened?

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
naw, thats just the group site on bungie.net, which only two clan members have joined. We have like 14 clan members on xbox live though.

Bubbagump
11-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Cool,

I've only been playing Live for a few days, and just bought HALO2 today so I'm not up to speed with as far as clans go and how to join one. I should be playing HALO online by tonight. Can I get into the Browntrout clan? If so, how?

My gamertag is Dr0pkickMurphy

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 02:42 PM
yeah, send me a friend invite and then I'll send you a clan invite. My gamertag is the same as on here.

MercTec
11-17-2004, 03:07 PM
I got Half-Life 2 last night and didnt get on Live at all....did I miss any action??

ThaSaltCracka
11-17-2004, 03:12 PM
naw, me and a couple buddies were playing custom games against some random people. It was fun because we were cracking hella jokes and talking mad [censored].

The Pez
11-17-2004, 10:04 PM
Xbox live ID = das Pez

kinda sucks that school is cutting into my halo 2 and poker time but there is still plenty of halo 2 time

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 02:12 AM
send me a friend invite man.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 02:43 AM
BTW, for those of you that are interested, lets try to get a couple big clan battles going some time soon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bubbagump
11-18-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm up for that. But judging from last nights results, I am going to need a lot more practice, 'cause I got worked!

I'm on the east coast so I won't be able to hang much past midnight EST during the week. Tomorrow (friday) I plan on playing until whenever if anybody else is going to be around.

Bubbagump

Matty
11-18-2004, 10:54 AM
I'm thinking about buying an XBOX just for this now. How is XBOX live setup? I assume it comes in through the cable wire?

If I buy an xbox today, how long will it be before I can have the connection set up?

MercTec
11-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Damn Half-Life 2 and poker ( /images/graemlins/confused.gif) cutting into my Halo 2 time! I havent been on in a couple of nights....sorry about that guys. I hope to get on a bit tonight.

Bubbagump
11-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I bought my subsciption to xbox live a week ago. And it really is the easiest thing in the world to set up. It takes about 5 minutes. The hardest part of the setup for me was finding a cool name I could live with that hadn't already been used (some nit had already taken Bubbagump).

If you buy your xbox today, there should be no reason why you can't be playing live today. Here's a tip to save some money that I wish I had known before I went and did this last week. If you are planning on buying HALO 2, do not buy the xbox live starter kit that comes with the 12 month subscription, headset and game. Instead buy HALO2 (it comes with a free 2 month subscription), and a head set. If you do this, you can check out xbox live relatively cheap and if you decide in 2 months you like it, you can get a longer subscription. I didn't do this and now I'm stuck with a free 2 months that I won't be able to use.

Bubbabump

Matty
11-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Cool, thanks. I think I'll go to Radio Shack and buy it now. =]

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 11:55 AM
yeah, I won't be playing tonight, but friday sounds cool to me. Bubba, MercTec is in NY, so you can alays play with him.

Matty
11-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Ah, well, I would play with you all, but I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm taking the ethernet cable directly out of my computer and sticking it in the xbox.

I get a check mark for "cables connected", but then I get a dns error- telling me to enter my dns (and I can't for the life of me figure out what my dns is).

So I set my ip address setting to manual, and put in my ip address which I found here: http://www.lawrencegoetz.com/programs/ipinfo/

Now I get an error that says "the network gateway could not be reached. Verify the IP addresses match the settings provided by your ISP".

roadrunner is my isp, but I'm lost from there.

MercTec
11-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Hold up....take two steps back.Set your xbox back to DHCP. Are you using a cable modem? If so, power off the modem and unplug it from the wall for like 10-15 minutes. Then hook it up to your xbox and turn it back on. That may fix the problem if your cable modem is retaining the MAC address of your PC and not allowing your xbox access because it has a different address.

If that doesnt work...on your pc, click start, run, and type cmd in the run box. Hit enter and in the window that pops up type ipconfig /all
Hit enter and you can find your DNS address there and enter them manually into the xobxo if necessary.

Hope it helps

Matty
11-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Okay, I tried your second solution first, manually entered everything, and I got the same error message about isps again. (Yes, btw, I do have a cable modem.)

So I unplugged the modem (while it was still connected to the xbox), waited 6-7 minutes, plugged it back in, turned it back on, and still the same message.

What does DHCP mean?

I tried it with everything automatic again, but then I get an error that says "no dns server addresses were recieved from the dhcp or ppoe server. enter the dns server(s) provided by your isp in the netweork settings menu.

Thanks for the help btw.

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 06:28 PM
just go buy a cheap router man /images/graemlins/grin.gif, it will solve everything.

MercTec
11-18-2004, 07:41 PM
True a router is the easiest solution...but if u dont want to fork over the cash...just be patuent after you unplug it. literally like 10-20 minutes is needed sometimes....make sure everything on the xbox is set to automatic when you hook everything back up.

Matty
11-18-2004, 08:25 PM
okee doke.

For as much time as I spend on computers, you'd think I'd know something about them...

ThaSaltCracka
11-18-2004, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
okee doke.

For as much time as I spend on computers, you'd think I'd know something about them...

[/ QUOTE ]If we went by that, I would be a computer genius.

Matty
11-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Obviously I don't know how useful these are, but I found some multiplayer tips here: http://www.xbox.com/en-us/halo2/readinessguide3.html?level1=enuslive&level2=highli ghts3blurb&level3=halo2guide3

gonna buy a router today.

ghostface
11-19-2004, 10:32 AM
throw me on the clan
ID-Maverous

Whats the highest rating we have in the clan so far.
I'm a 5 /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Havent played but a few hours yet.

Bubbagump
11-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Wow, great link!

There is some really good information here. I've been pulling my hair out the last couple of nights trying to figure out why my opponents are able to get a bead on me when circling in close quarters so easily. It never occurred to me to try adjusting the controller sensitivity. I was really starting to believe what people say about your video game skills deteriorating as you get older.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
throw me on the clan
ID-Maverous

Whats the highest rating we have in the clan so far.
I'm a 5 /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Havent played but a few hours yet.

[/ QUOTE ]5 works, thats right around the average for everyone in the clan, send me a friend invite and I'll send you the clan invite. My gamertag is the same on here.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 12:15 PM
here is another hint if you are dual wielding. Fire one gun at a time, switching back and forth between the two, especially if you are dual wielding SMGs. Switching off results in you being more accurate as well as allowing you to have more shooting time to fire at opponents, because you should basically always have ammo to shoot.

I started doing this two days ago and I have seen some really good results.

Matty
11-19-2004, 04:54 PM
So while at Best Buy (The Geek Squad rocks btw), I couldn't resist and bought a wireless router, an xbox adapter, a strategy guide complete with kickass maps, and of course a headset.

My tv and sound system suck though ... does anyone know if I can get a headset that has surround-sound (two earpieces)?

The bad news, my 2-month subscription code to xbox live that came with halo 2 is apparently invalid.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Invalid? Hey, I have mine that I have which is basically worthless because I bought the headset with the three month starter kit, I can give you my number if you want, especially since you went and bought a [censored] load of stuff /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

stabn
11-19-2004, 05:24 PM
I also have several 2 month codes i've never used, so if you want one let me know and i'll PM you a couple of them. My xbox live name is stabn7 if i see any of you on (stabn as well, but i'm not playing on that one currently /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Oh, and watch out for fight club in the clan games, they have like 100 members. Crazy huge clan.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 05:27 PM
are you in a clan?

MercTec
11-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Did you have to unplug the cable modem and wait 10 minutes before you hooked everything up to the router??

stabn
11-19-2004, 05:30 PM
No. I just know a bunch of guys in that one. They hit the max of 100 people in a clan, so i can't get in. I'm not actively looking for one, but if one were to pop me an invite, i'd probably leap at the opportunity... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MercTec
11-19-2004, 05:34 PM
I dont think Xbox supports a stereo headset + mic setup. The only time i see setups like this is for a PC...I have one however its just a split cable...mic plug on one and stereo on the other. Plantronics makes it.

Bubbagump
11-19-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The bad news, my 2-month subscription code to xbox live that came with halo 2 is apparently invalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to try registering on Bungie.net and xbox.com. I think they both have support links there. I don't know how good their support is but I bet if you gave them the reg. code, one of the sites could somehow verify the code and send you a new code. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 05:45 PM
haha, you are stabn7? Maybe I'll send you one. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stabn
11-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Yah, i am. Have we run across eachother?

MarkL444
11-19-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you probably typed it wrong. if not, call them.

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 06:15 PM
that name sounds really familiar. I'll send you a friend and a clan invite tonight.

The Pez
11-19-2004, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who wants in, post in here your X Box live ID, Vulture, I expect to see you soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, i thought u meant your xbox live id was vulture, will send a friend request tonight, and oh yeah, i checked out bungie.com and found this

"Welcome to Brown Trout

2+2 Member Clan

Founder: fdtech Members: 2 Founded On: 11/12/2004

Motto:
2+2=Death

Announcements

Group On Sixty Day Probation!
Probation started on 11/16/2004 10:23 AM PST, 56 day(s) remaining.
Bungie.net System Notice: You have sixty days from the time listed above to restore activity and membership to this group above the minimum thresholds, or this group will be deleted. This is your only warning."

ThaSaltCracka
11-19-2004, 06:57 PM
yeah the bottom thing is the group site on bungie.net, that has nothing really, so far, to with the clan on XBox live. I think the plan was for people to join that group after they joined the clan, but it has worked out like that, yet.

We have like 10 or 11 members.

eMarkM
11-20-2004, 03:46 AM
my tag is MayniacMan. I've been playing live all night. I suck, but I'm lovin it and starting to get the hang of it. How do I join the clan?

NLSoldier
11-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Hey TSC, the 2+2 clan should play my little bros clan. Im sure you guys would get killed but itd be cool cause he is a 2+2er too. I dont even know what his clans name is but ill figure it out. Probably has somthing to do with homestar runner.

Matty
11-20-2004, 11:58 AM
If someone does want to PM me a 2-month code, I would appreciate it. I've been talking to tech support people for a couple hours now and don't feel like calling xbox too.[ QUOTE ]
Did you have to unplug the cable modem and wait 10 minutes before you hooked everything up to the router??

[/ QUOTE ]My cable modem died when I tried hooking it up to the router. I'm waiting for tech support people to call me back now.

ThaSaltCracka
11-20-2004, 05:08 PM
I'll send you and stabn an invite today

ThaSaltCracka
11-20-2004, 05:09 PM
did anyone send you one?

Matty
11-20-2004, 10:31 PM
No, I'm still working out my 2-month code and internet connection issues though. I'm getting a service call on Monday.

This guide really looks like it's worth the money (like $16)- it has better (though similar) tips as the link I left earlier, and the maps are really worth it just by themselves.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
hN will OWN U at halo. wait till its on PC, u get pwned.

BusterStacks
11-20-2004, 11:21 PM
hN is unstoppable at Halo PC.

stabn
11-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm pming one now.

Matty
11-22-2004, 03:41 AM
I actually finally got mine to work. Thanks a lot though.

My username on xbox live is Bodot

Matty
11-22-2004, 05:08 AM
I have come to the quick and confident conclusion that I suck.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have come to the quick and confident conclusion that I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]Give it some time. The learning curve is pretty sharp for 2.

MercTec
11-22-2004, 12:29 PM
I suck too so no worries

eMarkM
11-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah, having never played the original Halo, I'm getting a bit frustrated. It's fun and all and I've been ok as an assist man when it comes to completing missions, but I'm no killing machine, that's for sure. I must be missing something. Whenever I get HU with another player, I never can get them before they get me. I hammer them with shots, and they take like two at me and I'm down. But I'll be working on it.

I can see why this is such a hit though. Extremely addictive. The random games are okay, though sometimes you get good teammates and sometimes not. Like anyone stuck with me /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. That, and when all your teammates have no voice, it makes strategizing difficult.

I was in a party game last night with 16 players, all swords, king of the hill. What a bloodbath, lol.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 12:41 PM
are you dual weilding? what weapons are you using? where are you aiming?

MercTec
11-22-2004, 12:41 PM
I have the same problem. One thing I learned which helps is the beat down. After you unload some on them, run up real close and hit B. You will wack them on the head and its usually a death blow as long as their shields are down or close to it. Also, if you can get behind someone and hit them they drop like a ton of bricks

eMarkM
11-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Well, that's probably a problem. I guess I find myself getting into with just the crappy SMG. Or I'll duel wield, but forget to pull both triggers. I know aiming for the head is supposed to work, just learned that last night, but haven't practiced it enough.

Bubbagump
11-22-2004, 12:47 PM
It's definately not easy at first. But once you get a little comfortable with how the different games work it starst to get a little easier. I spent a considerable amount of time playing this weekend and I'm starting to get the hang of CTF, but I still really suck at Slayer. I'm happy if I don't place dead last in a given slayer match.

A big part of getting better is learning each map and knowing where the good weapons are hidden. And the only way to do this is practice.

Also, study that link of tips you posted last week. It has really helped me.

Bubbagump

eMarkM
11-22-2004, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, study that link of tips you posted last week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link? I'm too lazy to go find it.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 12:50 PM
well, if you are dual wielding smg, don't fire both at the same time, unless you are right next to someone. The aim on those things suck because they give you so much kick back. Shoot on at a time switching back and forth between the two, or shoot one first, then while it is reloading, shoot with the other one. It will help with your aim, as well as allow you to have a constant stream of fire.

MercTec
11-22-2004, 12:57 PM
and then BEAT DOWN! especially with the skull in oddball

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 01:03 PM
yeah if you have the skull in oddball and you are surrounded, mash the b button repeatedly and hope to hit someone. I beasted two people who were right next to me and got a double kill! Punk ass biotches! Don't [censored] wit ThaSaltCracka!

eMarkM
11-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Also, I have to figure out where the good weapons are. Seems like they're in the same place everytime. So then, everyone else knows where they are and they all end up going for them. This leads to some strategic mistakes, like on Zanzibar the rocket launcher is on the roof when defending CTF. So you have games where every player rushes for the roof to get it, leaving the flag undefended.

I'm looking forward to some clan matches once I get some experience where you can really work as a team in these games.

Bubbagump
11-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Grey posted this link last week. Very helpful stuff for Noobs like myself. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tips from the Bungie Beta Testers (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/halo2/readinessguide3.html?level1=enuslive&level2=highli ghts3blurb&level3=halo2guide3)

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 01:17 PM
dude, unless I am close to the rocket launcher when the game starts, I usually stay back and let people grab it. Team work is def the key to winning.

stabn
11-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Try to never get HU without having some of their shield down first. Getting them from behind / the side, or having hit them with a nade first is great.

stabn
11-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Agreed, if others are going up the stairs go out front, get the shotgun and bring it inside.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 01:36 PM
where is the shotgun on Zanzibar?

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

offense or defense?

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 01:40 PM
I know where it is on offense, on defense is it out in front of the base, between the poles?

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

offense or defense?

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, nm ill just tell ya both.

offense. go up the stairs (the ones where some steps are broken out) towards the sniper rifle. keep going a little past that and its leaning up against the wall.

defense. go out the "front door" to the base on the bottom level. the door on the left if you are inside. its on the floor around there.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 01:41 PM
cool cool cool.

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 01:58 PM
tsc, whos any good in our clan? id like to get me and you and the two other best players in there and play with the 4 of us more regularly. i havent been to fond of the 8 on 8 games (mainly because i havent had a chance to learn those new maps). that way we could get a regular strategy going for certain levels.

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I get HU with another player, I never can get them before they get me. I hammer them with shots, and they take like two at me and I'm down. But I'll be working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

its all about balance of weapons and aiming. obviously if you are right next to someone with a shotgun its gonna be tough, and if you are far away from a sniper you should hide. also make sure you arent just standing around. if you each have the same gun, its going to come 2 things. 1) how many shots you land 20 where you land them. head shots hurt the most of course. focus on where you are aiming, and moving around. dont just stand there. jump if you want.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 02:07 PM
well if you go simply by rankings, Chez is pretty good, Das Pez is a 9 as well. I think a lot of us are about the same level, to be honest, there are even some people who are better than their rankings show. Hawk for example has only played a few games, but the ones he played with MercTec abd I he was tearing it up, which was sort of weird because he is a level 1. It doesn't seem like anyone is on with any regularity though. The 8 on 8 games are the best though. If you want to get some practice on those boards, next time you see me online, I'll play some with you. As for the strategy, I would love to work on that. I have seen some good strategies from other teams during some of the team skirmishes I have played. For Zanzibar, I really don't know any strategy, so practicing might be a good idea. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am probably gonna play tonight, like around 7 PST.

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chez is pretty good

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats my friend, hes not from the boards. he is about the same as me overall.

[ QUOTE ]
For Zanzibar, I really don't know any strategy, so practicing might be a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]
this is really the only map that me and my friends win on with good consistency. we have the whole thing down to a rhythm. id like to have every level like that.

vulturesrow
11-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Salty,

Real busy at work right now, so I havent gotten a chance to sign up for Xbox live yet. Please save a spot for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I dont anticipate being in until close to Christmas.

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 02:27 PM
oh and tsc, i upgraded your status in the clan, so now you can do more stuff. i havent been playing much, but i imagine i will be playing more soon.

MercTec
11-22-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm definitely in for a strategy session or to get some more regular playing in. I am getting better, just like anything with practice. I'm actually thinking of picking up the strategy guide today for the map layouts and weapon locations. Maybe we can all go over this stuff in some custom games and then jump into some battles.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Merc:
Good idea with the custom games

Mark:
Sweeeeet!!! Thanks dawg

Vulture:
You pansie /images/graemlins/wink.gif, get on there!

MercTec
11-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Should have broken that up into 3 posts if you wanna catch El Diablo.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 02:48 PM
true, I'll make them up later though.

stabn
11-22-2004, 02:55 PM
There are two. The way to get to the one defending is to go out either the front left or right doors, and then go to the middle. There are four support beams there to hold up the bridge above and it sits in the middle of them. From offense pass the sniper rifle and it sits against a support in the arch you run under.

stabn
11-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Also, do you know where the invisibility is?

...If not. It's in the tower when you go to run across and shoot down the bridge on offense to go over the top where the rocket launcher is. Instead of turning to go over the bridge (right) go left right before that when you are at the top. Then go across the bridge (oh and a tip so they don't know you are coming, you can jump on the arms of the wheel and take them up instead of shooting the arm and having it fall (noise!).

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 03:01 PM
thanks, I knew all of that stuff. I actually just learned how to drop the bridge yesterday /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bubbagump
11-22-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chez is pretty good

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah thats my friend, hes not from the boards. he is about the same as me overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're as good as Chez, you're doing pretty good for yourself. I played with him and a bunch of other people Friday night and Chez could not be stopped!

I think I played a dozen or so Slayer matches and he won just about every match with a commanding lead over the 2nd place finisher each time.

Bubbagump

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Chez is pretty good

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're as good as Chez, you're doing pretty good for yourself. I played with him and a bunch of other people Friday night and Chez could not be stopped!

I think I played a dozen or so Slayer matches and he won just about every match with a commanding lead over the 2nd place finisher each time.

Bubbagump

[/ QUOTE ]

if its a small map with a bunch of people just killing each other, hes going to [censored] some [censored] up.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 04:24 PM
we need to do some team slayer then. I excel at that game, because I like hunting in packs /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 05:06 PM
this is what the group on bungie.net says:
Group On Sixty Day Probation!
Probation started on 11/16/2004 10:23 AM PST, 53 day(s) remaining.
Bungie.net System Notice: You have sixty days from the time listed above to restore activity and membership to this group above the minimum thresholds, or this group will be deleted. This is your only warning.

so if we want to keep the group online, we need more people to join it. It would probably be a good place to talk strategy and plan clan matches, and [censored].

vulturesrow
11-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Do you need a gamertag to join the bungie.net group? I dont want to start up my subscription when I know I am not going to have much chance to participate for the next month or so.

Bubbagump
11-22-2004, 05:19 PM
How do people join the group on Bungie.net? I go to the Link MercTec posted:

Brown Trou Clan (http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/12508/Group/GroupHome.aspx)

There's not really any info there regarding how to join.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't know if you need a gametag to join.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 05:22 PM
there should be a button on the left side of the page which says "Join this group". Look for it right by the name "Brown Trout".

eMarkM
11-22-2004, 05:33 PM
What is the "minimum threshold"? I've only seen one clan member online and I've played the last three evenings (uh, and early mornings). Let's get a clan match going.

eMarkM
11-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Found this guide: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/halo_2_weapons.txt (URL link doesn't work, copy and paste).

This is very helpful for a n00b like me.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 05:38 PM
The warning I posted was talking about the group website on bungie.net, not the clan on live. Oh well, if no one wants to join it I guess it will just go away, but I figure it would be a good place to talk strategy.

Bubbagump
11-22-2004, 05:44 PM
I found it, and joined. I guess now I need to be approved.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
yeah MercTec has to approve you. Bungies format is sort of weird and pain in the ass-ish.

MercTec
11-22-2004, 05:54 PM
I had 2 guys waiting to get approved. Sarge and dropkickmurphy. Both approved /images/graemlins/grin.gif Welcome aboard!

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 05:59 PM
hopefully so more people join!

Sarge will be getting his clan invite tonight too, don't worry dawg!!

fryKing
11-22-2004, 06:02 PM
I joined also. Hopefully later this month I will actually have some time to play Halo 2.

MercTec
11-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Approved /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MercTec
11-22-2004, 06:09 PM
I think we should start discussing strategy and stuff on our forum at bungie. I made a new post. Hopefully we get our clan members over there and start posting.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
yeah I just responded. Hey Mark, get you and your buddies to sign up there.

Sarge85
11-22-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hopefully so more people join!

Sarge will be getting his clan invite tonight too, don't worry dawg!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Woot Woot...

Though I have MUCH to learn.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

stabn
11-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I got to play the beta, so i knew a few odds and ends, but it's hard for me to evaluate which of them others will know.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 07:50 PM
did you go to a playtest?

Matty
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/041122.jpg

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 07:58 PM
very funny

stabn
11-22-2004, 08:27 PM
No /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

MarkL444
11-22-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I just responded. Hey Mark, get you and your buddies to sign up there.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, they are lazy and would never look at it/

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2004, 08:39 PM
oh, nm then /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sarge85
11-22-2004, 11:13 PM
I HAVE GOT TO GET A HEADSET!

vulturesrow
11-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Signed up for the group page on Bungie..waiting for approval

vetman81
11-22-2004, 11:47 PM
I CANT WAIT!!! I am waiting til Xmas break to get this, but I will definitely join the clan (if you let me /images/graemlins/wink.gif). Sounds like a TON of fun.

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 02:38 AM
bump, MercTec can approve you Vulture. Why wait till Christmas, buy it now!!!

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 02:43 AM
I would also like to point out, myself, BigBizz, and LinkChav did some three on three clan battles, and totally beasted every team we played.

eMarkM
11-23-2004, 03:34 AM
How do I get to the forums? I can't get access. I have my GamerTag (MaynaicMan) linked and everything.

Matty
11-23-2004, 11:28 AM
After a day of playing in the training ground, I think I can hold my own now. I kill about as often as I get killed, which is a big improvement.

I think my biggest problem is that when I look at the stats afterwards, I usually have the worst hit percentage.

Anyway, I got invited into a "hellhowlers" clan and I accepted not noticing the name, thinking it was you guys. It isn't though is it?

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 11:45 AM
no its not, if you want to stay with them thats cool, because you can only be in one clan at a time. I can send you an invite though if you want one, whats your gamertag? I thought I sent you one anyways. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Matty
11-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Bodot

is there a maximum number of people that can be in a clan?

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 11:55 AM
100, [censored], I forgot to send you one, my bad man.

eMarkM
11-23-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm Mediocrates on bungie. Looking forward to strategy discuussion.

Last night I saw there were four Brown Trouters online, including myself. We had enough for a clan skirmish. Looks like the team hasn't had a clan match in a couple weeks. How do we start a clan match? Just create a game and invite the clan players that are online? I figure maybe none of us did that because they didn't notice or maybe because you'd have to wait for everyone to finish their games in progress and hope all the others will join you and then wait for another clan.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some of these where we can develop sophisticated tactics. I'm getting tired of some of these matchmaking games where absolutely no one wants to follow a battle plan and barely talk to each other. Or worse, a bunch of screaming kids blasting music and it ends up being "team slayer" when we're supposed to cap the flag. I had an amazing big team Assault game last night on matchmaking. Of the dozen or so I played last night, this one just had great team chemistry, constant communication, everyone had a role and we smoked the other team 2-0. And with a clan, I'm sure it would be even better than that. I didn't have many kills, only when they really mattered like storming the bomb arming location. I wish every game was like that, I prefer strategy and tactics to just pure skill of shooting (prolly because I still need work in that area).

Bubbagump
11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm Mediocrates on bungie

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool name. I wish I had thought of it first. It matches my skill level on Halo2. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking forward to some of these where we can develop sophisticated tactics. I'm getting tired of some of these matchmaking games where absolutely no one wants to follow a battle plan and barely talk to each other

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya with the matchmaking games. It always seems like one team has their [censored] wired while the other team is incapable of doing the simplest of tasks together. How many time have you been left in the dust by some monkey while trying to climb into a vehicle? It's just blind luck if you get placed with a team that has half a clue.

If you are not already, get signed onto Bungie.net and join the Brown Trout group there. I am certain that most of the strategy discussions are going to take place there as this thread is becoming unwieldly.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Myself and two other clan members did some clan matches last night. I think I sent you an invite, [censored], maybe I sent it to someone else. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh well, yeah constant communication is key, as well as working together and in packs. I don't know if I can play team skirmish anymore without doing it with friends or clan members because it does suck, because no one knows what they are doing. MercTec(MasterChefItalian) and I were on the same team last night for some team skirmishes, and we were the only people who knew what we were doing, needless to say, we lost more than we won.

People that don't have a headset, get one man!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 01:51 PM
yeah, def join the bungie site group.

Yesterday we played some team slayer as a clan match. It was 3 on 3. LinkChav had 15 kills and myself and BigBizz had 5 each. It was pretty sweet, Link grabbed the sword and basically BigBizz and I dual wielded and proctected him while he went around beasting foos. When the game was over the other team was like "You guys only one because of him!" I told them "[censored] you, work as a team and see how you do, our team had 10 total assists(9 between me and bigbizz), it was good times. Team work is def key, especially when one person has the sword /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MercTec
11-23-2004, 02:03 PM
ahem....its IRONchefitalian. I think you're confusing me with masterchief.

I had two highlights last night. 1. In the training ground matches, me and Cracka were on seperate teams for the first time, and I beat his ass down with the bomb and then armed it for the score.
2. Another training ground match, i killed cracka and proceeded to arm the bomb while some doofus on his team was shooting at nothing on the turrent right in front of me. only made funnier by cracka saying " dude, get off the damn turret and turn around!"

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 02:16 PM
oops, haha.

Are you talking about the assualt game where I was the only person on my team that a) knew where the bomb was and b)where to take it?

those training ground missions sucked. There was a few times when as soon as I saw the teams, I was just like [censored]..... we ain't winning.

MercTec
11-23-2004, 02:19 PM
In team skirmishes....you really need 4 solid players. In a big team battle you get away with a clunker or two, but if you have 3 decent players and 1 crap job in a skirmish, you're done. When you have a weaker player, the best thing to do is use them as a shield and have them on the front line in an attack.

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 02:25 PM
yeah, totally, everyone has to be on the same page, and everyone needs to communicate. Now that I finally know where most of the good weapons are, it is a little easier too.

eMarkM
11-23-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the best thing to do is use them as a shield and have them on the front line in an attack

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you can assign me cannon fodder duty then /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-23-2004, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the best thing to do is use them as a shield and have them on the front line in an attack

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you can assign me cannon fodder duty then /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, maybe for a little while /images/graemlins/wink.gif
seriously, practice tonight man.

ibankonu
11-23-2004, 10:32 PM
Just so you guys know, mark sucks with the sword. Terrible.

MarkL444
11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just so you guys know, mark sucks with the sword. Terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is not humanly possible to suck with the sword /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stabn
11-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Failure to attack when it locks on.

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 02:56 AM
is that Bankeria the Peon? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stabn
11-24-2004, 03:03 AM
Good games today, even if we got pwned a bit too much.

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 03:09 AM
just a couple times. Those god damn kids, good games though.

eMarkM
11-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I played a little in those. I told you I sucked. Though that four team slayer was a new level of suckiness. I'm basically colorblind on earth tones and I could not for the life of me tell the difference between red, green and brown teams. I was too afraid I was going to shoot my own man and couldn't figure out who was teammate and who was enemy. That and my four year old was distracting me. Oh, and did I mention I suck at this game.

ThaSaltCracka
11-24-2004, 05:24 PM
eh, thats why we play practice games. Easiest way to notice if they aren't on your team is if they don't have an icon above them, then kill them!

We'll play some more practice games.

BTW, playing drunk late at night in unranked games is fun, especially making fun of people who take those games seriously. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sarge85
11-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Not sure why I'm Bumping this...

Probably because I suck and want people to post hints and tips.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 12:27 PM
did those tips I sent you help?

Sarge85
11-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Haven't played since you sent them, but I'm sure they will. I didn't know you could "lock on" with the sword.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
yeah its not really a lock on, because you can still miss, but it is way easier to hit someone though when you do that though.

stabn
11-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Good games this weekend sarge, even if we got stuck with same lame teams a few times. You need to get a communicator though at some point. Hard to team up well when you don't have one.

On another note, clan games people? I saw 5 or 6 clan members on yesterday but no one seemed to be playing clan matches. Sarge and i kept getting stuck playing team games with people who wouldn't capture the flag. (This one guy on waterworks, ugh. kept getting lost, wouldn't go into our base with it, etc. must have been a five minute process, including having a teammember kill him, just to capture it and win the game).

holeplug
11-29-2004, 02:54 PM
I dunno if someone mentioned this already but I don't wanna read through 20 pages of posts for a game i don't even play but if any of you people are familiar with the CyberAthlete Amateur League, they are starting a Halo 2 league on Janurary 3, 2005.

Here is the post:
"Additionally, CAL™ announced that it will expand into the Microsoft® Xbox platform, commencing with a Halo 2 division to start the week of January 3, 2005. The initial game type will be 5v5 Assault and registration is now open. The forum for this game will also be live tomorrow. This game is also now active on the CAL site and can be found at:

http://www.caleague.com/?division=h2o

More details on these new divisions will be released at a later date."

Also there website is http://www.caleague.com if you wanna look around

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 02:58 PM
yesterday? I was on yesterday, must have not been one when you guys were teaming up.

You def need to get a headset though Sarge.

[ QUOTE ]
Sarge and i kept getting stuck playing team games with people who wouldn't capture the flag. (This one guy on waterworks, ugh. kept getting lost, wouldn't go into our base with it, etc. must have been a five minute process, including having a teammember kill him, just to capture it and win the game).

[/ QUOTE ] We need to play more unranked custom games, playing CTF, Assault, etc, so people know where to go, and where to take flags, bombs, etc.

stabn
11-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Yah i should have been playing unranked games with sarge yesterday instead of ranked. But i wanted to start getting my rank up since i'm on a new name so i drug him along with me /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Actually, you were on for a bit yesterday, but every time i checked my friends list you were in matchmaking or a matchmade game.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 03:20 PM
send a party invite next time.

stabn
11-29-2004, 03:39 PM
I couldn't. He joined me when i was in a lobby, i didn't actually create a party, but we still had one together. So it kept telling me "you can't send a party invite unless you host a party". I didn't want to boot him out and create one since he didn't have voice, so i just skipped the invites. Next time i'll just start creating empty parties when i log on to solve the issue.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
thats hella weird, that you couldn't send a party invite man.

Our clan is really weird. It has like 20 members, but only like 5 or 6 "active" people that are on there on a regular basis. I am going to start making people Peons if they don't start playing more often, [censored], I might even kick them out, because this is getting ridiculous. I already know of two people that have left because we don't do enough "clan" stuff.

stabn
11-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Yah, the problem is if you kick anyone out that's one less person that MIGHT be on that might be enough to start a clan game with. It's funny though, when i went to my stabn name from stabn7 i had a clan request from some work friends, i checked it out but they only had about 12 people in the clan, which just isn't enough. I think we need to start playing more non clan games actually (but enough clan games to keep it alive), so we can start inviting people who seem to be decent in the non clan games. If we had around 30-35 people i think we'd get a lot more clan matches in.

KingMarc
11-29-2004, 04:27 PM
send me an invite .. gametag is DVL

Sarge85
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You def need to get a headset though Sarge.

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is my wife will get this for me for Xmas - otherwise I'd buy the damn thing now...

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
hmmm... I suppose you are right, but there are some people that I have seen on there once, and I play a lot, so I would notice them.

Sarge85
11-29-2004, 05:28 PM
I thought the coolest fight last night was the one where it was swords and sniper riffles, and like 8 people on each team - very much hack and slash.

Which leads to a question.... your being charged by a guy with a sword. Your best move is to.....?

I couldn't tell you what map it was - the one with the big satelite dish?

stabn
11-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Yah i'm forgetting the name right now, but i know i didn't play in any sword/sniper rifle game, so it must have been one you played without me /images/graemlins/smile.gif. No wonder it was fun, :P. That's ascention though, if it's the one i think it is (a tower on one side, sniper area on the other, big dish thing in the middle with a banshee on a platform on one side and a rocket launcher if you jump over the edge in one place).

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 05:34 PM
hell yeah, that sniper/sword [censored] on ascension was [censored] tight man.

[ QUOTE ]
your being charged by a guy with a sword. Your best move is to.....?

[/ QUOTE ] depends completely on what weapon you have. If you have a sword, try to strike first, if you have a shotgun, hope you can dodge him or pop him first. Any other gun(besides rocket launcher) basically back track and try to take him down before he gets in range to strike.

stabn
11-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Hell i'd almost send you one just to get you on voice...I guess a month isn't too long to wait though. It's just so damned handy in team games though, especially objective ones. You can hear us through our tv if we talk though right? So i can at least talk and hope you hear it?

Sarge85
11-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Yep, I can hear everything

Pretty entertaining at times. I was playing a non-clan game, and two guys had mics., and they were definately giving instructions to me. I coudn't respond verbally, but I take orders well. It was quite helpful.

stabn
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Yah i played one on burial grounds (i think you were in it) where we had this kid totally want to take control. I thought it was pretty funny and just went with it, but i think he was only like 15. (Ok you get the bomb, ok you get in the warthog, ok, i need a gunner, etc etc). Better though than the usual 7 teammates on waterworks, i grab the bomb, ask if anyone wants to drive me over in the hog, proceed to sit in the hog, and have everyone just go running around. I then get out of the hog and proceed to walk the bomb over on my own. Much better to have people who play as a team, even if they are even bossier than i am /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 06:03 PM
cool, I want to try to get some non ranked games going, maybe tonight, around 9ish? What time zone are you in Sarge?

Sarge85
11-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Same as you Cracka... I live in Ellensburg.

9:00 will work for me...

stabn
11-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Ah i had no idea you were this close too. I guessed you were in TX. I'll try and be on at 9 as well.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 06:22 PM
MercTec and I were on a team a couple nights ago, and we had some annoying kid who told us what to do on Zanzibar for CTF. We were like "fine, we'll give it a try". Anyways, worst plan ever, he wanted someone to run in there and grab the flag and throw it through the gate, while a warthog waited outside for it. As is the warthog isn't a sitting duck out there. SO the next time it was our turn on offense, the kid was telling us to do it again. MercTec and I both said, "[censored] that, your plan sucks ass, so stfu." He bounced quickly once the game was over.

ThaSaltCracka
11-29-2004, 06:24 PM
E-Burg?? haha cool. I might be on earlier, just depends on whether I get some [censored] done before then.

bugstud
11-29-2004, 08:06 PM
send me an invite, Doctor 30 60 is the tag

Bubbagump
11-30-2004, 12:04 PM
There is also a good league on www.seasonedgamers.com. (http://www.seasonedgamers.com.) I'm not sure the ages of all to regular HALO2 players here but if you aren't aware, seasonedgamers.com is just a forum for 20 something gamers and up to network for games. They aren't really strict on age, they just want to filter out all the immature gamers that are running rampant in most online games.

They also have a clan. I would love to arrange a match between them and Brown Trout at some point. But I don't want to do it until I am confident we can at least be competitive.

Bubbagump

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
a couple clan matches last night, check these out.

1 CTF Fast, we pummeled these foos (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=23505024&player=ThaSaltCrack a)

Team Slayer 50-49 (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=23514797&player=ThaSaltCrack a)

Shotgun CTF, we got beasted (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=23508064&player=ThaSaltCrack a)

gonores
12-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Finally picked up my Xbox and copy of Halo2 yesterday. Gimme a week or so to become better than novice, and I'll join up.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 08:07 PM
cool man, did you get a clan invite? We have been trying to play a lot of custom and training games with clan members, so you don't need to worry to much.

gonores
12-07-2004, 09:01 PM
No invite yet.

Is a strategy guide book a worthwhile purchase for a guy who has never really played Halo before?

MercTec
12-07-2004, 09:17 PM
I have it...its pretty weak. If you have questions just ask us.

ThaSaltCracka
12-07-2004, 09:18 PM
yeah, don't waste your money.

Ogre
12-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Team Handy (http://bungie.com/Stats/ClanStats.aspx?clan=Team%20Handy)
Yeah, thats right level 16 minor clan match /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brown Trout level 7... /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

H0M3STAR

stabn
12-08-2004, 01:36 AM
We don't play many clan matches /images/graemlins/smile.gif.