PDA

View Full Version : The Poker Players Bible- Lou Krieger

sin808
11-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Has anyone heard anything about it and it's quality of info?
I just got an email from Amazon for pre-ordering it ($15.37, IYI) and wondering if it's worth the read (after having read 70% of the 2+2 books)...or, is it strictly a beginner's book, would someone who has played for while benefit much?

sin808
11-14-2004, 12:28 AM
anyone?

Michael Davis
11-14-2004, 12:52 AM
I do not have this book, but the advice given by Lou Krieger will generally not get you anywhere further than 2+2 has already taken you. Some of the articles he has published lately have been downright dreadful.

-Michael

helpmeout
11-14-2004, 12:56 AM
Its a beginners book explaining rules and such.

So no dont get it.

aargh57
11-14-2004, 05:59 AM
I bought one of his earlier books "More Hold' Em Excellence" and its not very good. Also, much of his advice can be found (or could up until a year ago) on the Pokerschool.com website. He had a whole series of articles that was taken directly from his book. Like the previous poster said though, his advice isn't as good as the 2+2 authors. The only thing that I liked was his starting standards chart just for the fact that it can be easily memorized (it's too loose however). This was helpful when I first started but I would've been better off buying something else.

oil doe
11-17-2004, 02:45 PM
I am sometimes contracted as a manuscript evaluator for Barrons publishing and was an evaluator for Krieger's Poker Bible. I thought this was an excellent book for beginning players. Krieger imho has an effective writing style for beginning players as he can articulate complex ideas in easy to understand text. I also thought that the strategy sections worked well past the beginner level. I appreciated that the book covered a number of games. While many players may not need a hold'em primer at this point in their poker lives, I thought it was a nice reference for hold'em players looking to branch out into other games.

This books is probably not going to help you beat the online $300-$600 games - but I think it offers a solid foundation for players to build on.

doe