PDA

View Full Version : I can't beat the game, 5/10 6 max

AceCraig
11-12-2004, 12:35 AM
I can't beat the game. i'm playing 5/10 6 max. $5000 bankroll. I win a couple grand then loose it back. I get drawn out on alot.
I think i am tight aggresive. I make occacional loose calls.
I am working on game selection now.

The players are very loose and aggresive. I loose alot of blinds.
I raise with premium hands and miss the flop alot, then the bet into me with bottom pair, or a back door flush, or a gut shot.
Any tips for beating the 5/10. 6 max????

Scotch78
11-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Post specific hands and we'll help you go from there. My immediate advice is this, though: it seems like you're thinking about poker in too broad/general of terms.

Scott

AceCraig
11-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Thanks

Joe826
11-12-2004, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any tips for beating the 5/10. 6 max????

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh play good? i love/hate that game (but mostly love). i think i'm finally starting to get the hang out of after around 30k hands (my BB/100 hands is a whopping .80). if you don't have a stomach for swings then you should quit. otherwise, i would post some of the more basic stats, such as VP$IP and PFR%. these aren't really useful for experienced players, but i think getting these in the right areas will really help you get the hang of the game (especially preflop, which is the easiest to fix).

joker122
11-12-2004, 05:06 AM
yes you can. post a han'

kiddo
11-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Post yout stats from Pokertracker. To bre honest I dont think 5/10 SH at Party are very aggressive. The problem for most players there is that they dont bet enough (both with and without hand).

etizzle
11-12-2004, 06:36 AM
like kiddo says, the key to beating the party 5/10 is moving your mouse to the right of the screen. At the right times.

spydog
11-12-2004, 08:10 AM
I found you in my database. Here is a hand from the DB.

The villian here had a PFR of 7%. You may not have known that at the time, though.

I would fold this preflop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, AceCraig calls, Hero folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AceCraig bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">AceCraig 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AceCraig bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AceCraig bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between CO and AceCraig .</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (9.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO has Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
AceCraig has As 2s (high card, ace).
Outcome: CO wins 9.50 BB. </font>

This hand exposes a pretty big leak:

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button <font color="purple">(AceCraig)</font> calls, Hero folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, AceCraig calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, AceCraig checks.

River: (5.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, AceCraig checks.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.20 BB, between MP, CO and AceCraig.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (5.20 BB).</font>

MP has 6c 6d (two pair, jacks and sixes).
CO has Th Ac (two pair, jacks and tens).
AceCraig has 8d 9d (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: CO wins 5.20 BB. </font>

This one is usually a fold for me preflop. It worked out for you, though.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO <font color="purple">(AceCraig)</font> calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, AceCraig calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">AceCraig raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">AceCraig raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.20 BB, between BB and AceCraig.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by AceCraig (11.20 BB).</font>

BB has 3s Jd (three of a kind, jacks).
AceCraig has Qc Th (straight, king high).
Outcome: AceCraig wins 11.20 BB. </font>

And this one.....I feel for you dude.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero folds, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(AceCraig)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, BB <font color="purple">(AceCraig)</font> calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AceCraig bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">AceCraig 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, AceCraig calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AceCraig bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">AceCraig 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (16.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">AceCraig bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">AceCraig 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, AceCraig calls.

Final Pot: 24.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 24.20 BB, between Button and AceCraig.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (24.20 BB).</font>

AceCraig has Th Td (three of a kind, tens).
Button has As Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Button wins 24.20 BB. </font>

Scotch78
11-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Hand 1:

Like spydog says, fold this one pre-flop. Also, check the river. On the odd chance that you have him beat, he's not going to call with K-high. He is going to call you with any sort of pair though.

Hand 2:

Fold pre-flop. Fold pre-flop. Fold pre-flop.

Hand 3:

I fold this one pre-flop, too.

Hand 4:

You've shown a ton of aggression on the flop and turn, and your opponent did finally slowdown after your turn 3-bet. If you don't already put him on AA most of the time, you certainly should when he raises this river. Call his raise, break something, then take a break for a few minutes.

Scott

TJD
11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
I've played 152 hands against you so the stats could be out of line but:-

Too loose preflop as others have suggested on the hands shown

Your PFR% is pitiful 3.95%! Way too low!

You CALL too much on the flop. Most players will bet rather than check/call and if they are bet into they are very likley to raise rather than call.

Hope it helps.

Mind you, you are 20BB up on those 152 hands so who am I to criticise /images/graemlins/smile.gif

T

AceCraig
11-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the posts and your time. What is a good PFR%?

Ponks
11-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Mines around 13.75 and I think that might be a little on the low side compared to a lot of other players around her.e

Ponks

Ponks
11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
You guys usually fold QTo from the CO?? (Referring to hand #3) Is it cause of the UTG limper? I normally raise here, sometimes limp, and a few people already said that they fold. Just curious of the justification for this as I've only been playing 6 max for a week and a half. My VPIP is like 17.80 so I figured I'm one of the tighties around here and I play this from the CO.

Thanks
Ponks

Benjamin
11-12-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys usually fold QTo from the CO??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll openraise with it there, or I'll usually overlimp with it unless there's reason to expect a raise behind me.

B.

Scotch78
11-12-2004, 06:44 PM
VP$IP can take a while to converge. Right now I am at 10k hands of $1/2 and my VP$IP is 15.88%, but I am playing looser than when I was at Pokerstars with a 19% VP$IP.

Scott

WackityWhiz
11-12-2004, 09:37 PM
my vpip is 37... step it up kids

Ponks
11-12-2004, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You guys usually fold QTo from the CO??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll openraise with it there, or I'll usually overlimp with it unless there's reason to expect a raise behind me.

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I'll continue with that until someone proves otherwise is better. I think folding hand 3 preflop would by bad and im real tight =/

Ponks

NLSoldier
11-13-2004, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You guys usually fold QTo from the CO?? (Referring to hand #3) Is it cause of the UTG limper? I normally raise here, sometimes limp, and a few people already said that they fold. Just curious of the justification for this as I've only been playing 6 max for a week and a half. My VPIP is like 17.80 so I figured I'm one of the tighties around here and I play this from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I think i am usually folding this...

vector
11-13-2004, 03:53 AM
"VP$IP can take a while to converge. Right now I am at 10k hands of $1/2 and my VP$IP is 15.88%, but I am playing looser than when I was at Pokerstars with a 19% VP$IP"

You mean you expect your real VPIP is higher than 19% but after 10K hands its at 15.88%? As in, you have been just getting terrible cards?

I have always found VPIP to converge very rapidly (which makes sense as its affected by every hand you play, as opposed to say your steal attempts).

I can imagine different game conditions having this big an effect, more aggresion preflop from opponents will lower your VPIP, but is the Party 1/2 more aggresive than the Pokerstars 1/2 preflop?

vector
11-13-2004, 04:01 AM
In the 218 hands I've played against him he is up 67 BBs, 11 of them from me.

Who says this guy needs help /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scotch78
11-13-2004, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean you expect your real VPIP is higher than 19% but after 10K hands its at 15.88%? As in, you have been just getting terrible cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's what I mean. Check out the post I just made in the 10k Checkup thread.

[ QUOTE ]
I can imagine different game conditions having this big an effect, more aggresion preflop from opponents will lower your VPIP, but is the Party 1/2 more aggresive than the Pokerstars 1/2 preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, I played 3/6 at PS.

Scott

kiddo
11-13-2004, 04:57 AM
First in: Raise.
One limper: Raise.
2 limpers: Call.

Raise is good, not only because u got a decent hand but because u want button and u wont them to check flop.

I used to raise QTo from UTG and UTG+1 (I did it at Paraidse 5MAX and it worked fine) but I lost with it.

I am also pretty tight, VP$IP 21-22%, raise 13-14%

AceCraig
11-13-2004, 08:29 AM
Hey vector, are you talking about me? the thread got long.

By the way, I think i just had a combination of some cold cards + tilt/playing too long. I know i have some leaks, but i think those leaks open up when I am getting cold cards and get discouraged.

My last 2 days were strong. 8 BB's an hour win rate
I think i am catching on to the swings and need to learn not to loose back my winnings when i am running bad/cold. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

vector
11-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Yep I am talking about you. In my small sample you have a phenomenal win rate.

Glad to hear things are working out for you now.