PDA

View Full Version : Have poker stars SnGs gotten alot more tighter?

steelcmg
11-12-2004, 12:25 AM
Ok i use to play alot of poker stars SnGs manly the 5$ and 10$ and i would get into the money about 30 - 40% of the time playing semi tight. I decided to take a few months off from playing SnGs and work on playing cash games again. About a week ago i decided to start playing SnGs again and they seem to have gotten alot more tighter and people stick around much longer then before its still not that hard to place in the money but it seems like theres better players playing then before. Im sure most of u play higher limits but should i start thinking about goin to Party poker and playing the SnGs there. Im not looking to make a killing playing poker just like 200$ a month.

Klak
11-12-2004, 12:39 AM
i would recommend getting on party ASAP if SNGs are your thing. they are the looser and more soft than any other site. also, dont say "more tighter". not that im a grammar nazi, but many other people would remind you of your mistake in a much less pleasant way.

Desdia72
11-12-2004, 12:46 AM
i've run into a few SNGs every now and then (at the $5 + $.50 on Stars) where the play is alot better than normal, but i welcome it. i don't concern myself with how "WELL" the table may seem to be playing. you've gotta be able to play against the crazies and the tightwads without losing a step. i hope to see more tight play at the $5 level on Stars.

Costanza
11-12-2004, 02:31 AM
I tried not to respond to this. Honest. But if you're going to correct someone's grammar you should at least do it in a gramatically correct way. So...

Capitalize the first word in your sentences. Lose the "the" after "they are" in your second sentence. "Softer" rather than "more soft" (ironic, that one). Actually, you probably should have used "loosest" and "softest" anyway. "Don't" rather than "dont" and "I'm" rather than "im." Periods go inside quotation marks ("more tighter." rather than "more tighter".), yet outside of parentheses.

Sorry 'bout that... I guess I am a grammar Nazi.

subigo
11-12-2004, 02:36 AM
I find the SNG's on Stars to be the tightest games online at that level.

lorinda
11-12-2004, 02:40 AM
I think Stars SNGs have got slightly tighter, but they are still very fishy IMO.

I don't think the players have got more thoughtful or anything like that, but they are tighter and therefore accidentally a little better.

Lori

Sponger15SB
11-12-2004, 03:39 AM
my mom was an english/reading teacher for 25 years, and she always used to correct me on little things like "oh its kevin and I went to the store, not kevin and me".

So the "more tigher" made me cringe, even though I admittedly suck at spelling/grammar.

lorinda
11-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Silly Americans arguing over a language they hacked to pieces anyway /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

(FWIW American makes more sense than English, I concede)

Lori

WC64
11-12-2004, 11:53 AM
It seems to me that Poker Stars SNG's have gotten tighter as well. I just thought it might be that I haven't had the time to play as much as I usually do in the last month, but I guess everyone seems to think they have gotten tighter.

stupidsucker
11-12-2004, 01:50 PM
I got so tired of seeing FWIW and not knowing what it means that I did a google search.
"For What It's Worth" Aaaaaaahhh.

I guess I could have asked, but I thought I would figure it out on my own, and I like to try searching before asking anyways.

I just may be the worst speller on this forum. I am a math guy.

$ock
11-12-2004, 02:19 PM
The funny thing is I was going to post the same question/observation about a week ago, but didn't get around to it.

I've been finding it odd that Stars SnG's, especially the normally soft $5 2-table tourns I like to play, now turn incredibly tight and solid when it gets down to about 6 people (or around the bubble, as 4 places pay).

Coasting into the money has gotten a lot harder. Hard to explain how this would happen at the lowest levels, though.

BTW, I've been experimenting a little with $12 1-table 6-handed SnG's because of that and the results have been better than expected - won all 4 that I've played in. I should play in more of these, perhaps, although I like the 2-tables a lot more.

rachelwxm
11-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Interesting observation. I found even $20 2table is crazy enough. Maybe you should move up. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Those games when it's down to 6-8 handed is always pretty good. If you could survive at this point, your implied ROI is already pretty decent.

Phill S
11-15-2004, 12:53 PM
just a thought, but has there been anything on american TV alongside WPT, WSOP and such that has been talking about strategy?

if TV can create the boom, it can educate the masses just as it creates them.

im not sure, but its a thought. anyone up on TV poker?

ive always wondered what the neighbourhood will turn into when TV poker actually deals with the differences between 25K buy in events and 10 dollar ones on party/stars etc.

Phill
ps, i did indeed add neighbourhood in there on purpose. damn americanisms /images/graemlins/grin.gif