PDA

View Full Version : TT unimproved at the river w/overcards, how to proceed?

MisterKing
11-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Only 10 minutes at the table before this hand came up. Button had been playing second pair decent kicker at full speed, 3-betting checkraises on the flop and such. UTG is far too loose for the shorthanded game, VP$IP of 40+, PFR of less than 10, and AF-TOT of somewhere around 0.6.

My PF 3-bet seems standard, but interested if anyone else would proceed differently. A pot HU with UTG, where I had a decent PP and position sounds JUICY to me.

The real question I have here, however, is how you folks would proceed on the river. I feel good about my play up until that point.

Paradise Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (9.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.66 BB, between Hero and Button.</font>

Are you betting this river? Calling down? Raising? Folding? Personally, I think there's too much money in the pot to justify a fold, but I suppose if I *knew* Button to be tight and somewhat less aggressive, that would change. I mean, if they're ahead of me (and not trying to be overly tricky), aren't they going to protect themselves with either a lead bet (UTG) or a raise (Button) on the turn?

Scotch78
11-12-2004, 12:35 AM
It doesn't look to me like anyone has a higher PP than yours, but the flop calls still worry me. With three bets going in pre-flop and four cards against you, I don't like the odds of having no kings or jacks in play. Also, you won't be pushing anyone off these hands in such a big pot. Furthermore, your tens cripple the only draw out there, so both villains probably called with some sort of pair or AQ. So long as no raises go in at any point, I'd check-call the turn and river.

Scott

MisterKing
11-12-2004, 03:08 AM
I'm personally not a fan of check-calling the turn. The array of hands they could play for 1SB on the flop is much wider than the hands they'd pay 1BB to stay in with on the turn. Can't let them draw the river card for free!

Good read on AQ, by the way... that's exactly what Button showed down. I think once its heads up at the river, I have to call this. I'm getting over 10:1, and I've seen the guy taking aggressive stances at the table. Its a good spot for him to bluff, and an even better one for me to call down. I don't have to be ahead very often to make doing so +EV.