PDA

View Full Version : Raise the river or go for an overcall?

PantherZ
11-11-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm faced with a river decision on whether to raise or just call and induce an overcall from the CO. If I raise, I might not collect any more money. Your opinions?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: PantherZ is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, PantherZ calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, PantherZ calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, PantherZ checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, PantherZ ???

ArchAngel71857
11-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Bet the turn

Raise the river.

-AA

private joker
11-11-2004, 11:07 PM
I'd raise it anyway. BB didn't wake up until the river, and you have the second-nuts. He might have been chasing a lower flush or just hit trips or 2 pair. Even if you don't get an overcall, BB will definitely call. So calling might win you 1 BB from the overcaller (who might not even overcall anyway), but raising will almost always win you the original bettor's extra bet.

PantherZ
11-11-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn

Raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Semi-bluff the turn against five opponents?

ArchAngel71857
11-11-2004, 11:20 PM

Yes. You preflop raise, you bet out on a ragged flop. I would bet on the turn. I think your chances of picking up the pot are good.

-AA

Rubeskies
11-11-2004, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes. You preflop raise, you bet out on a ragged flop. I would bet on the turn. I think your chances of picking up the pot are good.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he cold-called preflop and only called the flop.

ArchAngel71857
11-11-2004, 11:22 PM
My mistake, i thought the red text always meant the Hero.

-AA