PDA

View Full Version : A Quick KK...

thirddan
11-11-2004, 10:54 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB is decent (based on notes)
UTG+2 is loose passive (based on two orbits)
MP is loose also (based on two orbits)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks (pauses about 3 seconds), <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds...

What you think?

ArchAngel71857
11-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Looks like you are beat to me. JT seems like a viable hand.

-AA

cjromero
11-11-2004, 11:33 PM
I realize that hero won't close the action on the turn, but he is getting 13 to 1 on the turn call. Is it that unlikely that the villain would cap the flop with AQ or an OESD? Hero did have at least somewhat of a read that villain was loose, at least based on the two orbits.

Does the fact that hero isn't closing the action make the difference?

thirddan
11-11-2004, 11:37 PM
the biggest problem for me was that the BB was still hanging around after calling two cold twice on the flop...

I know he didn't have a Q because he would have bet into me on the flop...so not closing the action is a big deal here and i may have to put in multiple bets on the turn and river in order to call down...

private joker
11-11-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I realize that hero won't close the action on the turn, but he is getting 13 to 1 on the turn call. Is it that unlikely that the villain would cap the flop with AQ or an OESD? Hero did have at least somewhat of a read that villain was loose, at least based on the two orbits.

Does the fact that hero isn't closing the action make the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's the fact that hero is not only not closing the action, but also has to call a river bet. Given that scenario, and the fact that the flop was capped, it doesn't look like his hand is good. Even if one opponent has the OESD, someone else has trips already. I like calling the flop cap and folding the turn unimproved. It saves a minimum of 2BB that he was very likely to lose, and probably more.

ecooke
11-11-2004, 11:49 PM
The pot is large and protected - MP1 is unlikely to be bluffing. However, in large pots the goal is winning so if he has that queen even 1 in 15 times you've got to stick around through the river. Looks like a raise or fold situation.
Think you suck this one out 5% of the time?