PDA

View Full Version : On the flop with 2 small overcards, backdoor flush + bd straight draws

Bukem_
11-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Table is slightly loose, passive

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero thinks raising is best but calls instead???

jayrutz2
11-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Hmmmm, I would probably fold pre-flop from MP with this hand esp with all EP players folding. You are highly likely to end up in a raised pot here with only 1 or 2 opponents. That you ended up with multiway action was lucky...

Post flop, I think you are drawing very very thin here. If you raise and don't improve, you have to fold anyways. So I say call and get out if you don't improve on turn. Even if you do improve, not a lot of hands that I would bet out on turn, maybe a 10 or 9 that's not a club...

colgin
11-11-2004, 06:47 PM
On the flop: Small pot + very weak draws + players still to act behind you = FOLD

BWebb
11-11-2004, 06:58 PM
I fold this preflop with only 1 limper. If I didn't, I fold the flop.

Bukem_
11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
All together, my draws aren't that bad.

I have a good chance of shutting out the rest of the field here with a raise. If they all fold except original bettor, I may even win unimproved vs him if he has a weak draw or weak hand himself.

If I get a lot of callers, my play won't be as hard to decide once I see the turn.

Plus they all limped in, I'm not scared of any of their hands.

I still think raising here is best, followed by folding, with calling being bad.

twankerr
11-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Your draws really are that bad. I really have a hard time counting the 10 and 9s as outs going into the turn, knowing that someone with two higher overcards will have a re-draw against you on the river.

jayrutz2
11-11-2004, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All together, my draws aren't that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, 10 or 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif are weak outs, call them one out, backdoor to stght and flush might count as 2.5 outs combined, 10 and 9 not /images/graemlins/club.gifs are subject to LOTS of redraws not to mention 9s can make some goofy guy a baby straight, so I'll rate those as 2 outs, that leave a total of ...so I give you 5 outs not to be a jerk, but feels thin to me...

[ QUOTE ]
I have a good chance of shutting out the rest of the field here with a raise. If they all fold except original bettor, I may even win unimproved vs him if he has a weak draw or weak hand himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you be much better with overcalls, hitting a good draw and then getting more action on turn? If you fold all but the bettor, you are surely behind at this point...

[ QUOTE ]
Plus they all limped in, I'm not scared of any of their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to fear hands like pocket 3s, 5s or 8s or suited clubs or higher suited hearts!!

I could agree with fold, but I'd see one on the turn, and play a flush or strgt draw to river for one turn bet...