PDA

View Full Version : BB and flop 2 pair on 2 tone board-> bet or check raise?

AA suited
11-11-2004, 04:20 PM
30+3, 15/30 blinds. you're the bb. no reads on anyone.

5 players see the flop -> bb, utg, mp, co, button.

you flop 2 pair on a 2 tone board.

Do you bet out to get rid of flush drawers? or check/raise? or take the risk and check/call, then check/raise on the turn?

Thx

Bigwig
11-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Is it a raised pot? If it is, I'll go for a check-raise (usually), if not I'll bet out at the pot. If it's not raised, then I'm hoping to get someone with top pair good kicker to send a raise back at me. I think you get more action when you bet on these flops, then when you check raise.

Usually.

AA suited
11-11-2004, 05:29 PM
yeah, unraised. check raise would be the book move if it was raised.

more action if i bet out than check raise?

how about check/call, then check raise on the turn?

Bigwig
11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, unraised. check raise would be the book move if it was raised.

more action if i bet out than check raise?

how about check/call, then check raise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how many players. Say you check, someone bets, and there is another caller back to you. This screams flush draw, and it's hard to let a free card hit. Also, how big is your two pair?

If you have K6 and the board is K62 you could be beaten other ways. The first bettor might have KJ, and the call A8 with four to the flush. That means that there are 12 cards on the turn that could put you in serious trouble, and if it's a J, you're likely to lose all of your chips. But, if you had KQ and the board was KQ5, this possiblity is less. However, now there's a straight draw out there.

I'm not sure I want to give any free cards with top two pair in a multi-way pot. In fact, I probably wouldn't slowplay top set if you start getting callers to someone elses bet. You have to protect your hand, and some morons will usually come along for the ride anyway.