PDA

View Full Version : Alright, have at it...

ricdaman
11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Hero ($37.55)</font>
MP1 ($27.90)
MP2 ($77.60)
CO ($55.45)
Button ($48.85)
<font color="C00000">SB <font color="purple">(Villian)</font> ($52.30)</font>
BB ($19.05)
UTG ($19.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls $2, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(Villian)</font> calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($6.50) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Villian bets $2.25</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, CO calls $4.50, Villian calls $2.25.

Turn: ($20) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Villian checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $13</font>, CO folds, Villian calls $13.

River: ($46) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $46
<font color="green">Main Pot: $46, between Hero and Villian.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Villian ($46).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Kd Ks (three of a kind, kings).
Villian has Ad Kh (flush, king high).
Outcome: Villian wins $46. </font>

<font color="red"> How do you think I played Pre-flop, on the Flop, and on the Turn mostly? Obviously I did the correct thing on the river. </font>

Raiser
11-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Raise the flop more. I'd go to something like $8 or $9.

It's hard to comment on the rest. But as it played out, you might as well push on the turn. Your bet of $13 leaves you with ~$17 behind and if he pushes you'll have to call to river your boat.

jacksfull
11-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Ric,

I don't think your play was bad at all. You could have pushed a little harder on the flop and the turn, since you knew your hand was vulnerable. But even that might not have worked, since he might have thought his top-pair-top-kicker was the best hand, even without improving. You just got sucked out, plain and simple.

TakeMeToTheRiver
11-11-2004, 04:28 PM
The min-raise on the flop is terrible. With the possible flush and/or straight draw out there, you need to take the pot down right here. Make a raise slightly more than pot-size. I would have raised $10. (Of course, that might not have worked with TPTK out there.)

I am fine with the size of the turn bet.

You might have been able to induce a fold on the river -- but that's hindsight after seeing the guys hand. No way to know he doesn't have the suited Ace.

Triumph36
11-11-2004, 05:07 PM
He needs to take down the pot right here? He has top set. Sure, it's vulnerable, but it has plenty of redraws even if it does get outdrawn.

I don't think he should slow play it, raising the flop more is a better plan, so that you can easily get it all in on the turn. This is UB 50, so the opponent is unlikely to fold TPTK (good thing, too), but he'd be calling for all of his money as a 4 to 1 underdog. And he's not folding the K high flush either, so that was a good check.

Tilt
11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
My .02

Weak preflop raise. If thats you're standard raise and you raise preflop alot, then I can understand it. If not, boost that raise up.

The flop. His bet is pretty weak. I think you should raise 10-12 and give him something to really think about. Make those flush and straight draws pay dearly for the privelege of another card when you have the vulnerable nuts.

I like the turn bet. You got him to make a bad call. What else can you ask for?

Pokerho
11-11-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The min-raise on the flop is terrible. With the possible flush and/or straight draw out there, you need to take the pot down right here. Make a raise slightly more than pot-size. I would have raised $10. (Of course, that might not have worked with TPTK out there.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to agree. A slightly bigger pf raise is probably warranted (but not the $8-$9 that someone else said -- I would have done around $3), and definitely a bigger reraise on the flop.

The only problem is, that in all likelyhood, given the villain's hand, he was going all the way no matter what. TPTK and a backdoor flush draw is hard for the average PP player to get away from.

I don't think you played it that poorly, it was just one of those hands.

ricdaman
11-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Some information about UB:

The blinds at NL 50 are .25/.50, making my pre-flop raise of $2 4X the Big Blind. This is the standard raise. If I bet $3 (6X the Big Blind), everybody would fold. I want some callers (I know anything other than AA is an underdog), but I don't want a lot of callers. This is EXACTLY what I got.

As far as the flop is concerned... my thinking here is that Villian has a set or AK. I don't put Villian on a flush draw. CO on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. I want to screw up CO's ods, so I raise enough to where I think he'll fold, but not so much that I push Villian out. It didn't work, CO called.

With that, I take a stab at the turn. CO folds, Villian calls. I'm sure I have the best hand here. What I did not count on was another heart coming on the river and losing to Villian.