PDA

View Full Version : Slowplaying aces when it's down to blind vs. blind...

fimbulwinter
11-11-2004, 03:58 PM
i've been doing this a lot lately, and it's been working pretty well. anyone else slowplay aces when its down to heads up? anyone had success with the complete->get raised->push line at tables where blinds are routinely raised? (IE 200NL)?

just rambling while I play. i have so much free time now that i'm one tabling i dont know what to do with myself...

fim

amoeba
11-11-2004, 04:00 PM
so its only when you have AA in the small blind yes?

fimbulwinter
11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
i'm basically referring to when it's headsup (the whole table has folded around) to the blinds. either blind. especially BB if i know the SB will raise, and especially SB if i know the BB will raise.

jacksfull
11-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Sure. It's a good strategy. The reason you'd normally raise with aces is to get heads-up with somebody. When you're only left with one opponent, you're already there. Just make sure that you realize that your opponent could have anything, so when the flop comes out 7-6-2, your opponent could easily have two pair

Benal
11-11-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have so much free time now that i'm one tabling i dont know what to do with myself

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you now playing only 1 table, when you keep telling me to play more than 1? LOL

fimbulwinter
11-11-2004, 04:34 PM
just moved up to 200NL, dont want to multitable until i get comfy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fim

Tilt
11-11-2004, 04:47 PM
I did this last night. 5 max NL 50 folds all around to me in SB. BB is slightly LAG and tilting a bit after another player flushed out on him and took half his stack.

I complete, knowing this will prompt a raise from him. I min raise back. He raises again (I think were up to 10 at this point). I call. Flop comes ragged rainbow with a ten. I check, he pushes with his remaining 15, I gleefully call. He shows down JT and a pair of tens.

Another way to go is to do your standard blind steal raise. That sometimes sets people off.

Triumph36
11-11-2004, 05:50 PM
I'd consider limping with any hand I'd normally raise with. That's AT-AK, and pocket pairs TT-AA. I'm not sure I would limp-reraise with all of them, but I'd consider it with most of the pair hands. At the levels I play, it's rare to see a raise from the BB after I limp, but it's rare to see it folded around to the SB too.

I stacked myself trying this with 99, so I'm not sure how good a play it really is.