PDA

View Full Version : What hands do you call with?

01-08-2002, 11:34 AM
3 handed PL game. sb attacks your big blind (as i think he should) about 90% of the hands that button folds. His raises varies from minimum to pot-size. What hands would you play against his pot-size raise? The player is generally tight with a good understanding of the game. (At least as far as i can tell, but what do I know) His weakness is that he is a little too tight on the flop and beyond for shorthanded play.

This is what I did:

High pairs down to JJ and suited connectors QJ and up, just call.

Medium pairs, down to 7 and suited connectors QJ and down to 98 reraise.

any pair, any hand with two cards nine or higher, any connectors exept 23 and 34 and any suited, I called.

This was my basic strategy and sometimes i mixed it up a bit. Am I too loose? How would you play?

01-08-2002, 11:19 PM
If he plays too tight on the flop and beyond, I thnk you have got it the wrong way round... call with internediate hands and reraise with big hands.

01-11-2002, 02:00 AM
if the sb is raising the bb 90% of the time he cant win almost no matter what you do.

01-17-2002, 04:39 PM
If small blind raises 90% of the time, I would reraise about 75% of the time and call the other 25%. Reraising puts more money in the pot when I have position and would also give me the better cards most of the time since I am raising 75% of the time to his 90%.