PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Turn Bet/River Call

Lmn55d
11-11-2004, 02:57 PM
This flop bet was pretty routine. On the turn, I thought there was a chance my hand was still good. I also felt it was possible a lower pair could fold if I represent the jack. The river call...well the pot was just big but I think it was poor.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP2 folds.

River: (7.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.75 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

butters
11-11-2004, 03:30 PM
I agree with your analysis. There aren't any draws on that flop, so with two callers you're probably behind (unless they'll take one off with overcards and then fold the turn.)

Betting the turn is player dependent. I would against some players; against others a check/fold is reasonable, as the pot is small.

I don't see calling on the river here. If you're going to spend another bb, bet out instead.